Epson Smart Panel question

I have an Epson Perfection 1660 scanner with Smart Panel V2.5

I have the COPY function set up as the default action to take when I press
"Go" button on my scanner.

I'd like to set up my COPY setup for Defaults to B/W and Text.
But, every time I go into COPY on the Smart Panel, it's always set up for
Color, and Picture/Text.

Checked Epson Help, and several web resources... but no joy on this
particular question.
---------------
How do I set up, and SAVE, my default COPY settings in Smart Panel??

If Smart Panel won't allow me to do that, can anyone suggest software that
might be better for my COPY function??
--------------
Thanks for any help in advance,
Al Camp
3 answers Last reply
More about epson smart panel question

    I have an Epson Perfection 1670 with Smart Panel 3.0. Out of curiosity I
    tried and tried, couldn't set a default Copy or for that matter any other.
    I'm satisfied to leave it as it is, but if you want to pursue this, try the
    link below (the people who produced Smart Panel) -- look at the FAQs and if
    it doesn't give you the answer, you are given an option to e-mail (or phone)
    your problem.

    http://uk.newsoft.eu.com/tech%20support/Patch/Epson%20Smart%20Panel/epson_win.htm

    "AlCamp" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
    >I have an Epson Perfection 1660 scanner with Smart Panel V2.5
    >
    > I have the COPY function set up as the default action to take when I press
    > "Go" button on my scanner.
    >
    > I'd like to set up my COPY setup for Defaults to B/W and Text.
    > But, every time I go into COPY on the Smart Panel, it's always set up for
    > Color, and Picture/Text.
    >
    > Checked Epson Help, and several web resources... but no joy on this
    > particular question.
    > ---------------
    > How do I set up, and SAVE, my default COPY settings in Smart Panel??
    >
    > If Smart Panel won't allow me to do that, can anyone suggest software that
    > might be better for my COPY function??
    > --------------
    > Thanks for any help in advance,
    > Al Camp

    Gene,
    I located the Epson Support on the web, and sent them this question via
    email.
    They responded promptly, but the response was that Smart Panel does not
    allow "saving" default settings other than Epson's defaults.
    I bought a scanner primarily for "one button" copying, and am pretty
    disappointed with the results so far. Given the Epson "one button"
    defaults, my copy "characters" are not dark and readable, and my copies
    always have a light grey background overall. (a complete waste of ink)
    If I have to go into Smart Panel, and re-adjust all the settings each
    time I copy, then using my scanner as a copier is an unworkable solution.

    Thanks for helping out.
    Al Camp

    "Gene Hora" <ams34@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I have an Epson Perfection 1670 with Smart Panel 3.0. Out of curiosity I
    >tried and tried, couldn't set a default Copy or for that matter any other.
    >I'm satisfied to leave it as it is, but if you want to pursue this, try the
    >link below (the people who produced Smart Panel) -- look at the FAQs and if
    >it doesn't give you the answer, you are given an option to e-mail (or
    >phone) your problem.
    >
    > http://uk.newsoft.eu.com/tech%20support/Patch/Epson%20Smart%20Panel/epson_win.htm
    >

    > "AlCamp" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
    >>I have an Epson Perfection 1660 scanner with Smart Panel V2.5
    >>
    >> I have the COPY function set up as the default action to take when I
    >> press
    >> "Go" button on my scanner.
    >>
    >> I'd like to set up my COPY setup for Defaults to B/W and Text.
    >> But, every time I go into COPY on the Smart Panel, it's always set up for
    >> Color, and Picture/Text.
    >>
    >> Checked Epson Help, and several web resources... but no joy on this
    >> particular question.
    >> ---------------
    >> How do I set up, and SAVE, my default COPY settings in Smart Panel??
    >>
    >> If Smart Panel won't allow me to do that, can anyone suggest software
    >> that
    >> might be better for my COPY function??
    >> --------------
    >> Thanks for any help in advance,
    >> Al Camp

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    I use Photocopier by Nico Cuppen. It doesn't do the "one
    button" stuff (as far as I know) but otherwise it seems to
    fulfill your requirements.

    http://www.nicocuppen.com

    > Gene,
    > I located the Epson Support on the web, and sent them
    this question via
    > email.
    > They responded promptly, but the response was that
    Smart Panel does not
    > allow "saving" default settings other than Epson's
    defaults.
    > I bought a scanner primarily for "one button" copying,
    and am pretty
    > disappointed with the results so far. Given the Epson
    "one button"
    > defaults, my copy "characters" are not dark and readable,
    and my copies
    > always have a light grey background overall. (a complete
    waste of ink)
    > If I have to go into Smart Panel, and re-adjust all the
    settings each
    > time I copy, then using my scanner as a copier is an
    unworkable solution.

    > Thanks for helping out.
    > Al Camp
    >
    > "Gene Hora" <ams34@san.rr.com> wrote in message
    > >I have an Epson Perfection 1670 with Smart Panel 3.0.
    Out of curiosity I
    > >tried and tried, couldn't set a default Copy or for that
    matter any other.
    > >I'm satisfied to leave it as it is, but if you want to
    pursue this, try the
    > >link below (the people who produced Smart Panel) -- look
    at the FAQs and if
    > >it doesn't give you the answer, you are given an option
    to e-mail (or
    > >phone) your problem.

    http://uk.newsoft.eu.com/tech%20support/Patch/Epson%20Smart%
    20Panel/epson_win.htm

    > > "AlCamp" <anon@anon.net> wrote in message
    > >>I have an Epson Perfection 1660 scanner with Smart Panel
    V2.5

    > >> I have the COPY function set up as the default action
    to take when I
    > >> press
    > >> "Go" button on my scanner.
    > >>
    > >> I'd like to set up my COPY setup for Defaults to B/W
    and Text.
    > >> But, every time I go into COPY on the Smart Panel, it's
    always set up for
    > >> Color, and Picture/Text.
    > >>
    > >> Checked Epson Help, and several web resources... but no
    joy on this
    > >> particular question.
    > >> ---------------
    > >> How do I set up, and SAVE, my default COPY settings in
    Smart Panel??

    > >> If Smart Panel won't allow me to do that, can anyone
    suggest software
    > >> that
    > >> might be better for my COPY function??
    > >> Thanks for any help in advance,