what is the Best alternative to IE?

February 7, 2005 5:11:12 PM

Hi,

just wondering what the alternatives to IE are and has anyone used them?

I have a 4150 and would like to run Opera, although it only seems to be
available for windows mobile.

Any comments?

More about : alternative

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:11:13 PM

In short, ANYTHING is better than IE. I don't know what browsers are
available for a PPC, but I've contacted our friendly neighborhood
MOZILLA to raise the discussion of a Pocket version of Firefox.

David H
www.spreadFireFox.com

Rob Horton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just wondering what the alternatives to IE are and has anyone used them?
>
> I have a 4150 and would like to run Opera, although it only seems to be
> available for windows mobile.
>
> Any comments?
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:34:27 PM

FYI - The Mozilla Org is working on a version for PocketPC's - called of
course MiniMo. No idea on when it will be read.

David C. Holley wrote:
> In short, ANYTHING is better than IE. I don't know what browsers are
> available for a PPC, but I've contacted our friendly neighborhood
> MOZILLA to raise the discussion of a Pocket version of Firefox.
>
> David H
> www.spreadFireFox.com
>
> Rob Horton wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> just wondering what the alternatives to IE are and has anyone used them?
>>
>> I have a 4150 and would like to run Opera, although it only seems to
>> be available for windows mobile.
>>
>> Any comments?
February 7, 2005 6:37:59 PM

"David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
> FYI - The Mozilla Org is working on a version for PocketPC's - called of
> course MiniMo. No idea on when it will be read.

Dang - I was voting for the "cub" name.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 7:10:02 PM

I think it should have been FireFly personally.

xTenn wrote:
> "David C. Holley" <DavidCHolley@netscape.net> wrote in message
>
>>FYI - The Mozilla Org is working on a version for PocketPC's - called of
>>course MiniMo. No idea on when it will be read.
>>

> Dang - I was voting for the "cub" name.

February 7, 2005 7:52:16 PM

David C. Holley wrote:
> In short, ANYTHING is better than IE. I don't know what browsers are
> available for a PPC, but I've contacted our friendly neighborhood
> MOZILLA to raise the discussion of a Pocket version of Firefox.
>
> David H
> www.spreadFireFox.com
>
> Rob Horton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just wondering what the alternatives to IE are and has anyone used
>> them?
>>
>> I have a 4150 and would like to run Opera, although it only seems to
>> be available for windows mobile.
>>
>> Any comments?

Netfront or MultiIE

Both tabbed.

HTH

Martin
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 8:20:31 PM

Nitram wrote:
> David C. Holley wrote:
>
>>In short, ANYTHING is better than IE. I don't know what browsers are
>>available for a PPC, but I've contacted our friendly neighborhood
>>MOZILLA to raise the discussion of a Pocket version of Firefox.
>>
>>David H
>>www.spreadFireFox.com
>>
>>Rob Horton wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>just wondering what the alternatives to IE are and has anyone used
>>>them?
>>>
>>>I have a 4150 and would like to run Opera, although it only seems to
>>>be available for windows mobile.
>>>
>>>Any comments?
>

> Netfront or MultiIE

NetFront isn't currently VGA aware.