Microtek msmgr32.dll Error

Windows XP SP2. Trying to uninstall old Microtek SlimScan C3 to install a
new scanner. Every time I try to remove ScanWizard from add/remove programs
I get an error indicating "msmgr32.dll could not be loaded. Install
ScanWizard 32 bit first". I've tried reinstalling/uninstalling ScanWizard
and it never completes. Still shows up in the add/remove programs window
after reboot but double clicking on it again to try to remove does nothing.
Any one had any luck killing this thing short of a reformat?
1 answer Last reply
More about microtek msmgr32 error

    "Mark" <granmark@DELETEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Windows XP SP2. Trying to uninstall old Microtek SlimScan C3 to install a
    > new scanner. Every time I try to remove ScanWizard from add/remove
    programs
    > I get an error indicating "msmgr32.dll could not be loaded. Install
    > ScanWizard 32 bit first". I've tried reinstalling/uninstalling ScanWizard
    > and it never completes. Still shows up in the add/remove programs window
    > after reboot but double clicking on it again to try to remove does
    nothing.
    > Any one had any luck killing this thing short of a reformat?

    It can be done by editing the Windows register and system.ini and by
    manually deleting the driver files.

    Go to the Microtek web site and look for instructions on removing scanner
    software from Windows XP.

    Also check the Microsoft Knowledge Base. Try the search string "remove
    scanner" without the quotes.
    http://support.microsoft.com/

    Has some info on removing scanner software.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179368
    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com