Need Help with RAID Setting w/ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Please

Maxheadshot

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
Been a while since I've built but putting together a conroe system. I'm confortable with EIDE configurations but decided to go RAID0 on this system. But, you guessed it, I have no freakin' idea how to do it. I've been reading the manual (no real help), and Googling for the answer but no luck. Searched here too but, again, no luck.

I have two WD 75GB Raptors installed on the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. Both have power and are connected to the motherboard. Here are my two questions:

1. Which two SATA connections should I be plugging into? (There are 6.)
2. What setting should I be enabling, disabling to configure RAID0 in the BIOS with these two drives? (I ask you be specific because I don't know my way around RAID + BIOS at all.)

If you don't want to type all that out, could you link me to a site that explains it, in detail. This RAID rookie much appreciates any help.

k2gremlin

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Ok just built my first raid like 2 days ago and I had the same questions.. called my tech savey friend.. heres what I got out of him :)

#1 Make sure that you download the raid drives from Asus website and get them on a floppy.

#2 Im assuming you have something like 1 or 2 red sata connectors and like 4 blues ones.. I hooked mine up to #1 and #2 Blues..worked fine.

#3 In the bios.. turn on whatever raid option you find there forget what its called.. when you do there will be a few more options that display at this time. It will have a section to enable first and second sata drives for the raid go ahead and do so.. save and exit..

#4 Right after the post screen you will see a screen that says hit F10 for raid blah blah.. go in there set the top option for Stripping.. than on the bottom half you will see your drives on the left... get them moved over to the right side :)

#5 When you start windows install hit F6 to install drivers.. you will get a propt about hard drives or whatever hit the S key and put the floppy disk you made earlier. There will be 2 drivers you need to install on that screen.

#6 Once all thats done than you will actually install windows and you shoudl be good from there :)

I know my reply is kind of schetchy but it should give you some insight.. any question post em here.. I can fill you in as much as I know.

k2gremlin

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Cmon man update us here lol, Suspense is killing me if I actually helped someone out haha...

And I know from experiance you have been up all night trying to get this raid working.. just couldnt goto sleep knowing you had it in your hand but you couldnt use it. So fill us in what happened good/bad?