Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Guys,

I need you help. I am building a gaming pc, withe the following specs:

Sapphire ATI X1900XTX
1GB Super Talent Ram
2 x 160GB Raid 0
ASUS Motherboard ....

My main concern is whether I should go for the P5B or the P5B-E. Both are nearly identical. THe P5B-E has 2 more Sata ports and a Firewire. The P5B has the Manageability WfM 2.0, DMI 2.0, WOL by PME, WOR by PME, PXE.

Please help !

Thanks

Adrian

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Definetly P5B-E. Its got improoved OCing capabilites and its a more stable board overall. The upcoming P5B-E Plus promises to be as OCable as the P5B Deluxe for $50 less but thats still to be seen.

sk11vengeance

Distinguished
May 4, 2005
what about the 8 phase power design and heat pipes on the P5B deluxe? wouldnt that make the board better than the E at getting rid of the heat from overclocking?

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
what about the 8 phase power design and heat pipes on the P5B deluxe? wouldnt that make the board better than the E at getting rid of the heat from overclocking?
I hope the P5B-E Plus comes with more changes than a chipset revision. Otherwise it wont fly as high as the P5B Dlx as youve predicted.

sk11vengeance

Distinguished
May 4, 2005
I hope the P5B-E Plus comes with more changes than a chipset revision. Otherwise it wont fly as high as the P5B Dlx as youve predicted.

well im just wondering where youve heard that the E is more stable because i was going to buy the deluxe and now i dunno if i should buy that one or the E lol. how much more oc capibilites does it have, like what exactly?

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
The 8 phase voltage is granola marketing bull crap. But the for the heatsinks youre right.

how much more oc capibilites does it have, like what exactly?
Definetly currently the P5B dlx beats it by a mile. You can compare their specs in the Asus site and Anandtech just review the P5B-E.