what do you think about sapphire x1900xt?

chrone

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
i noticed that the core & memory clock speed (621 & 720) are below the ati standard (625 & 725). will there be any different with the downsize clockspeed in real life performance?

any experience using this sapphire x1900xt card?

is it still a good card or not?

thanks in advance.. :)

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Ah, don't pay any attention to that. If you were really concerned about, then you should just put the sliders in the CCC OCing tool to the correct settings. Still, its an amazingly powerful card for the price, and best of all, I have it. With an Accelero X2, its a silent beast, like it should be. Eats its way through Oblivion, Company of Heroes and X3.... so I'm happy with it.

I love mine and Im using the stock cooler.I have all the eye candy turned on in oblivion,plus the chuck patch with hdr and aa enabled.Only thing I have turned down in oblivion is a lil shadows.Ive oced mine too,tho I wont keep it there.Why should I?

sluzbenik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
It needs a small nuclear reactor to power it.

Guys on Sapphire forum say make sure to get 22w on each 12v line if you have a psu with dual 12 rails.

might be why i am artifacting in some Call of Duty 2 maps on my 1900xt...I have an enermax liberty 500w, which otherwise seems fine. no other symptoms of being underpowered (like resets or BSODs...)

I noticed if I underclock the RAM it goes away. maybe i have bad RAM, maybe Call of Duty is just weird, because it doesn't do it in any other games.

chrone

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
i'm running with thermaltake tr2 550w with dual 12+ each 14a & 15a. running so far so good (need for speed most wanted, fear, prey) but didn't know with other games.

Ill just say its loud,never played or owned an 850.But it is one of the loudest cards.If you go with another cooler its heaven(That I have played on)A friend has one,with accelero,and you mean amps for the psu NOT watts.Im using a 420 watt enermax,29 amps TOTAL for the 12 volt rails,18 and 18 on both respectively and no probs.I suspect you may have bad ram or too high an oc

Guys on Sapphire forum say make sure to get 22w on each 12v line if you have a psu with dual 12 rails.

might be why i am artifacting in some Call of Duty 2 maps on my 1900xt...I have an enermax liberty 500w, which otherwise seems fine. no other symptoms of being underpowered (like resets or BSODs...)

Perhaps it's because you need 22 AMPS per rail, not 22W, RTFM! :roll:

I noticed if I underclock the RAM it goes away. maybe i have bad RAM, maybe Call of Duty is just weird, because it doesn't do it in any other games.

Underclocking requires less energy and creates less heat so if underclocking clears it up check your airflow first (easiest) opening the case and cooling it directly, and then try disabling other power saping portions you don't need.

chrone

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
i never had x850xt, but it only makes sound (for one second to make sure it's running) when the system boots up and afterward almost the same noise just like the HIS x1600pro IceQ card (if you can tell it as a noise).

to be honest, i can't tell any difference with the x1600pro stock cooler. so it's pretty quiet in my humble opinion.

Granite3

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I have an xt flashed to the xtx bios with the X2 silencer on it for sale.

PM me if you are interested!

I love it, but had to get a cooler card, could not OC my processor with this beast in there.