triggerhappy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
i just found a set of xfx 7800 gt's on ebay and was looking for some opinions. my current system has 1 ati x1800 but i would like too upgrade too sli.
the only thing is these cards have been volt modded for overclocking and i am a little worried about the reliability of them. this guy says he bought them used and already modded and they have been kept within a reasonable temperature since he has had them and he ran the stock voltage during this time as well. i have overclocked my radeon for about 5 months and had no problems. but if a video card is damaged in a crazy o.c is the damage instant? he says he has had them since march and had no problems with them (i.e artifacting or b.s.o.d or temps).
p.s they have the zalman fans on them as well, are they a lot better then the factory coolers? i now they are nearly silent.
thanks for your input.

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
It's a seller, there's no seller said that their product are bad even they already did a bad things on their product, they will always say " this is my number one merchandise you can have, nothing can beat it !!!"

But when you know it's broken, then you'll slapping your a$$.

Never let the seller be the judge. You are the judge cuz it's your money.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Buying on ebay is like playing wiht your money. Even if the cards were kept in normaly temps they have been over clocked. Overclocking degrades hardware faster then normaly even if the temps are low. Dont buy it moded. Double used is worse then used D: If something is damaged during a OC its not gunna go away just because you turn off the juice. Not only would it be instant but it would probly keep getting worse if it gets damaged. Leading to failure of the hardware.

TRENDING THREADS