Intel Bad Ave MB
Corsair 2gb memory
nvidia 7900 gtx
seagate 320 gb 7200.10
antech 550 power supply
sony 16X dvd player
samsung dvd burner
xp home

System worked fine for the six weeks I've had it till now. When I boot up the system freezes on the windows boot up screen with the horizontal blue bars. They freeze at a certain point. I can boot up in safe mode.

I've removed the usb hub with no keyboard or mouse attached and it still hangs. Only when I plug the ps2 mouse does the computer boot normally. So now I have two mice attached....the ps2 which sits to the side and the mx700 which I've used for a couple of years now (the mx700 is what I'm using now). I see this in the event viewer:

The description for Event ID ( 12 ) in Source ( sfsync02 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.

I've scrubbed the registry with CCleaner. Ran nod32, adaware, spybot, and MS beta spyware cleaner. Any ideas? Any other info that could be helpful to this?

stuckingoo

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Can you describe the steps to do that? I did a search and it doesn't sound too appealing at this point since it appears I need to mess with hardware/play with jumpers. I didn't build this machine.