epson 4180

Hi,

I bought one of these units to replace a cheepie. After installing it, I
examined the results from it. I found it to be flat - no good saturation. I
played with its myriad of settings, including, professional but could not
coerce it to give good saturation or contrast.

As an advanced amateur, I was looking for a scanner with high fidelity. I
did not find it in this unit. Is this typical of this model?

tia
1 answer Last reply
More about epson 4180

    You might download a trial copy of Silverfast SE or Vuescan and see if it
    does any better.

    Doug
    ---
    Doug's "MF Film Holder" for batch scanning "strips" of 120/220 medium format
    film:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro.html

Scanners Epson Peripherals