INF Install Failure during bootup

I am running Windows XP Professional Edition. When I boot the computer, I
get a Dialog Box with the header ADVANCED INF INSTALLER. The message inside
the Dialog Box states: "INF install failure. Reason: The data in invalid." I
don't understand why I get this Dialog Box. I have to manually close this
Dialog Box about four times until it finally disappears. How do I fix the
problem so that this Dialog Box does NOT appear when I initially boot my
computer? Any help will be appreciated.

Anthony

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Get the latest INF file for your motherboard from the manufacturer's web
site.

"Anthony B" <anthony48@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I am running Windows XP Professional Edition. When I boot the computer, I
>get a Dialog Box with the header ADVANCED INF INSTALLER. The message inside
>the Dialog Box states: "INF install failure. Reason: The data in invalid."
>I don't understand why I get this Dialog Box. I have to manually close this
>Dialog Box about four times until it finally disappears. How do I fix the
>problem so that this Dialog Box does NOT appear when I initially boot my
>computer? Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Anthony

You might be infected with About:Blank or some other sort of bug.
Here is a link to a site with a few removal tips.
http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jsp?forum=11&thread=44496&message=260908

Spybot Search and Destroy, Adaware, Pest Patrol, and CounterSpy may be used
to scan and fix problems.

Majorgeeks.com and Computercops.biz have good downloads and guidance.

Hijackthis is good in combination with Process Monitor and Filemon from
Sysinternals if you still have problems and cannot get them resolved with
the canned anti spyware products.

Rolling back the system with System Restore to a point where you don't get
the error may work.

In doing a complete cleanse of the system, it is important to delete all the
Temp, Temporary Internet Files, and History content in the process.

Steve