Sign in with
Your question

The new forums are garbage.

Last response: in Site Feedback
July 10, 2007 1:45:38 AM

I will no longer be turning to these forums for advice or any other purpose. I just thought I would let the devs know. It is almost as if they took a semi decent forum and put it through a sausage grinder hoping that it would increase their profits. That might work on dead animal scraps, but I think it fails for a website.

More about : forums garbage

July 10, 2007 3:25:27 AM

utahraptor said:
I will no longer be turning to these forums for advice or any other purpose. I just thought I would let the devs know. It is almost as if they took a semi decent forum and put it through a sausage grinder hoping that it would increase their profits. That might work on dead animal scraps, but I think it fails for a website.

Articulate it, my friend! They took the time to make the changes. They made many good changes, but they also injected it with ads. Articulate and they will be more likely to listen.
July 10, 2007 3:44:52 AM

The forums were perfect, why did they have to mess with them?
Now everything is wrong.. I wish I could at least change this white theme as its hurting my eyes.
Related resources
July 10, 2007 3:58:50 AM

I don't even know how to quote anymore but I agree Track. I don't think they needed to make the whole-sale changes they did. A couple of the new features are good but it really lost the feel and the familiarity of the old format. Well at least I hope they're getting paid, there is nothing I hate more than my screen being taken over by an ad.
July 10, 2007 5:32:38 AM

The new layout... for want of a better term.... sucks. I like the way each section is organized, but I cannot stand the way it's laid out when you click on a section.
July 10, 2007 6:54:12 AM

To ordered to blockey to formal to regimented.
used to have a friendly look none of this squareness we used to hace curves and things.
I hate the new layout its not intuitive at all.
Nice selection of smileys though.
Dony know what it cost but it wasnt worth it and it didnt need it.
Christ its a forum our forum you should have asked!!!
Mactronix
July 10, 2007 7:04:21 AM

this is the worst forum format i have ever seen. Just so you guys are aware, i think that tom hardware was sold to a french company recently that is owned by some unknown large corporation. Speculation, I wrote some recent negative things about vista and some of the prior posts (maybe all) have been deleted. This forum cannot be trusted
July 10, 2007 8:32:53 AM

WTF! TOMS? new layout is decent BUT THIS?! http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8689/kthxmakeitthewa...
zOMFG i jst luv hveing 1/2 of my page fr teh forumzzz!!11!ONEONE!!1! and one quarter just sitting there being all grey and 1 quarter of it being taken up by a very small advert followed by one big lump of white. seriously guys this forum has been going down hill for a while FIX KTHXCAIO OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :pt1cable:  :hello: 

SHAREDIT : RAWWWRRRR, it seems the have got rid of the whole white space with small ad thing good work toms :p  also it seems the google ads are no longer embedded in posts good job toms :D 
July 10, 2007 10:41:36 AM

joce,

it has nothing to do with that post; and i am fed up with this site. I dont even know how to post a new topic other than find something acient and bring to the forefront and even then some of my topics are missing (and some topics have actually been altered which really makes me question the integrity of this forum--- never had this problem with any forum.
July 10, 2007 12:15:59 PM

This is the second overhaul in two isn’t it? I reserve my opinion on whether I like the new style but I will say I wish they would drop the stupid Z from “Forumz” and use an S instead (on the main page).
July 10, 2007 12:21:32 PM

dsharp9000 said:
some of my topics are missing (and some topics have actually been altered which really makes me question the integrity of this forum--- never had this problem with any forum.

There isn't any conspiration there. Some large migration like this one can have some bugs... If you were most specific though about what is exactly missing for you, we'll be able to find out what happened.
July 10, 2007 2:11:04 PM

The reply to a specific comment is missing. That's VERY bad. And I also miss the option to watch the topic...

And for all you guys complaining about the disgusting ads: I don't see a single one of them because I use ADBLOCK! Otherwise this forum is absolutely unreadable and ugly...
July 10, 2007 2:31:11 PM

to reply to a specific comment :
to watch the topic :
July 10, 2007 3:06:10 PM

This is ATROCIOUS! I can't find buttons to make a new post or quote in a reply. All the links in my PMs are dead, and the search function doesn't search the forums!! What were you THINKING??? Absolutely awful, awful, awful...
July 10, 2007 3:41:17 PM

This site is absolutely HORRID now. We waited all weekend for this garbage? Nice. Well - I left Tom's a long time ago because the main site was utter sh1t, congratulations on making the forums worse. Been fun but I won't be back....
July 11, 2007 3:32:31 PM

dsharp9000 said:
this is the worst forum format i have ever seen. Just so you guys are aware, i think that tom hardware was sold to a french company recently that is owned by some unknown large corporation. Speculation, I wrote some recent negative things about vista and some of the prior posts (maybe all) have been deleted. This forum cannot be trusted

French conspiration ? Oh please :lol: 
July 15, 2007 9:15:19 AM

I hear you docteur, but this site just screws with me. I cant navigate and cant do anything; so i just jump to nearest conspiracy theory; it must be microsoft as no one else could pull off such a horad upgrade of a website. Thus, my theory is that microsoft bought a french company so as to deliberately confuse the public and take over this site. Of course this is just a theory.
!