Will this case suffice?

phaxmohdem

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
Well, it might be able to power the components you chose, especially since the Core2Duo isn't all that power hungry, however I personally don't trust the PS's in case/power supply combos that combined cost less than a decent power supply alone.

It may work out for you, or it might not. I would stongly recommend looking into a nicer Seasonic, Antec or Fortron Power Supply though.

when I build my systems I generally leave in the neighborhood of $100 in the budget just for the power supply.

biohazard420420

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
This is not going to be any help I don't think but I was actually looking at that same case for my new system (not bought yet waiting for bugs to get worked out of the conroe m/b's plus no cash right now) but I have switched and I am lookin at getting the Armor from ThermalTake. From what I have read in most every forum I can find it is a common tip to buy a case with no power supply and buy one seperatly. Mostly because the common opinion is that the PS that come with most cases are crap. I cant speak to that since I have had the same case and power supply for close to 6 years (got a local computer builder to build it for me and as far as I know it is the PS that came with the case) From the look of the items you have chosen depending on what vid card you are going to run I wouldn't see why 420W wouldn't be enough although I can't comment on the quality of the PS that comes with that case. They have some very nice 500W PS for not to much $$ I can't offer any suggestions on brands since again my rig is 6 years old but check some of the other threads on PS and they could point you in the right direction.

axilon

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I agree with the rest, buy a good power supply. I might also suggest you get a seagate with perpendicular recording, its usually 7200.10 rpm.

hydroshock

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Oh I didn't notice my video card had gone missing from the build, seems New Egg doesn't have it on the site at all anymore.

I put another video card on there now.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I agree with conroe, defintely never skimp on the powersupply. I ordered that exact Forton Source powersupply for a friend of mine and his x800GTO works dandy with it. Dual +12V rails for 48 bucks? Good deal. I dont know about the Xclio, but if your up to it, that would be a good choice too. Stock PSUs are most of the time garbage. Stock antec ones, are actually pretty decent and reliable I must say.

Good luck. :D