Jsanchez01

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
I recently just recieved this motherboard and the manual isn't very clear on the System Panel Header (the power switches, Reset, HD LED), this results no power. I have everything plugged it. I was wondering if anyone has this board and have better layout or pictures of the system panel header.

PS I have an old school Antec and nothing mentions about plugging the Power SW anywhere

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

Send that board back and get ur money back.
Asrock has problems.

Have you got any evidence to back this up? What problems are these?

They might not be the best board in the world but for many they offer great flexibility and the chance to ease transition to a new platform. They are a good solution in the right application.

combat_deity

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
wtf, whats wrong with them, they might not be the best boards performance wise, but i have one and it runs fine, havent had any problems with it (bar the crappy manual XD).
Dont look down on stuff just cos its cheaper (if thats why u say it) some of us are on a budget (me :? ).

happy_fanboy

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Lots of errata and limitations on the Asrock boards ive used.
There was a socket 478 board they used to make that advertised on the box 800 FSB and AGP 8X!! Clearly splashed on the box in huge bold letters.
Inside the box there was a yellow piece of paper clearly stating that you cannot run AGP 8X and 800 FSB simultameously, mode will run 4x only.

Their socket A boards which ive used a large number of had unbelievably high failure rates.

Well that would explain your feeling about the board and I can understand why you would look to another supplier but the newer boards are much better made and have had good reviews.

I don't doubt your experience but times do change.