Sign in with
Your question

Force ATi X1900GT to 575MHz?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 21, 2006 10:44:58 PM

I bought this card Friday and was initially impressed but now I'm pissed.

I play mostly MMOG and I always play windowed if I can. ATi in their genious sets the clock to power saving while the desktop is up. Meaning while in full screen gaming I get the 575MHz I paid for... in window mode I get punted down to 500MHz :( 

I've search for hours with no success. ATi Tool lets me set clocks but it's flaky right now. Actually toggling to 500 while full screen and other fun things. I need to find a way to get this puppy up to 100% windowed or I'm going back to nVidia!

Long story short, how do I force the card to run full tilt 100% of the time?
October 21, 2006 11:36:19 PM

Download ATI Tool 0.24 (or 0.25 :oops:  ) Beta 16, or latest ATI Tray Tools, both disable the 2D/3D clock speed crap, so it runs rated speed all the time. Other than that, I don't know what will work.
October 21, 2006 11:40:25 PM

Quote:
I need to find a way to get this puppy up to 100% windowed or I'm going back to nVidia!

Since you're too fucking stupid to overclock your card with a 3rd party tool you need togo back to nVidia.
Related resources
October 22, 2006 12:05:00 AM

That was just mean. Make me sad too :( 

:lol: 
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2006 12:53:26 AM

LOL! :trophy:

I think nV's too difficult for him too, got use that there coolbits. He should probably stick to Intel or Xbox. :twisted:
October 22, 2006 1:13:00 AM

Quote:
Download ATI Tool 0.24 (or 0.25 :oops:  ) Beta 16, or latest ATI Tray Tools, both disable the 2D/3D clock speed crap, so it runs rated speed all the time. Other than that, I don't know what will work.

ATi Tool .25 Beta 15 is what I used. It looked solid for a while but I caught a glimpse of it changing back to 500 on full screen/window toggle. And for the gents with nothing to add, I'm not interested in overclocking just getting the advertised 575MHz without changing my usage habits.

ATi is being oh so useful as well, no name calling like our super cool trolls but your typical automated reply instead.

Guess I'll see if ATi Tray Tools is more consistent than ATiTool. Thanks.
October 22, 2006 1:59:20 AM

Yep ATi Tray Tools did it. No random resets during full screen to window 3D switching. Thanks to wusy and prozac26 :) 
!