Stepper Motor for Mustek A3 USB

I have a Mustek A3 USB scanner in which the stepper motor has gone bad.
Mustek says they don't sell spare parts for their scanners.
The motor has Japanese writing on the label, plus the numbers T1434805 and
24051014.

Can anyone recommend a source for a replacement?
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about stepper motor mustek

    "Kimba W. Lion" <kimbawlionATaolDOTcom@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >I have a Mustek A3 USB scanner in which the stepper motor has gone bad.
    > Mustek says they don't sell spare parts for their scanners.

    Maybe they won't sell spares, but surely they will repair a unit, unless its
    too old. Have you asked them the repair price?

    --
    regards,
    Stewart DIBBS

    "Kimba W. Lion" <kimbawlionATaolDOTcom@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >I have a Mustek A3 USB scanner in which the stepper motor has gone bad.
    > Mustek says they don't sell spare parts for their scanners.
    > The motor has Japanese writing on the label, plus the numbers T1434805 and
    > 24051014.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a source for a replacement?
    > Thanks.

    Search for the voltage and number of steps per revolution in each store.

    A very long shot, try surplus dealers.
    C & H:
    http://www.candhsales.com

    The following are electronic supply stores in the USA.

    Mouser.com (no hits on those numbers)
    http://mouser.com/

    Jameco:
    http://www.jameco.com