Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Adding Bluetooth to WindowsXP SP2

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 10:27:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

Ok, I know that SP2 is supposed to come with Bluetooth capabilities and a
bluetooth icon in the Control Panel. I just bought a new Thinkpad that
claims to have SP2 --when i run winver.exe it says Windows XP porfessional
build 2600...; Service Pack 2, which i take to mean that SP2 is there. BUT
there is no bluetooth icon.

How can I add Bluetooth to this? I searched the MS site etc. and everything
seems to point to the fact that Bluetooth should be there. Any suggestions?
Any add-ins for SP2?? Is there some place where bluetooth is turned off and
I can reactivate it?

thanks. mark
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 10:36:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

Mdd wrote:
> Ok, I know that SP2 is supposed to come with Bluetooth capabilities
> and a bluetooth icon in the Control Panel. I just bought a new
> Thinkpad that claims to have SP2 --when i run winver.exe it says
> Windows XP porfessional build 2600...; Service Pack 2, which i take
> to mean that SP2 is there. BUT there is no bluetooth icon.
>
> How can I add Bluetooth to this? I searched the MS site etc. and
> everything seems to point to the fact that Bluetooth should be there.
> Any suggestions? Any add-ins for SP2?? Is there some place where
> bluetooth is turned off and I can reactivate it?
>
> thanks. mark

Try this
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1M...
Am assuming that your pad actually has BT device, not just the capability IF
you fit one.
--
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by
candlelight." George Gobol.
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 3:44:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

Thanks for the response, but that is not what I need.. NO, I don't have
bluetooth on the T42...i have a Bluetooth USB Dongle that I want the
computer to recognize. SP2 is SUPPOSED to have a bluetooth stack and a
bluetooth icon in the control panel. I can't find any evidence of bluetooth
on my SP2. Is there an add-in? or something that I can turn on in a
conneciton manager?

mark
"Scraggy" <scraggy@abuseisgoodforyou.org.be> wrote in message
news:JqOdnWf67OGG_i7cRVnyvA@brightview.com...
> Mdd wrote:
>> Ok, I know that SP2 is supposed to come with Bluetooth capabilities
>> and a bluetooth icon in the Control Panel. I just bought a new
>> Thinkpad that claims to have SP2 --when i run winver.exe it says
>> Windows XP porfessional build 2600...; Service Pack 2, which i take
>> to mean that SP2 is there. BUT there is no bluetooth icon.
>>
>> How can I add Bluetooth to this? I searched the MS site etc. and
>> everything seems to point to the fact that Bluetooth should be there.
>> Any suggestions? Any add-ins for SP2?? Is there some place where
>> bluetooth is turned off and I can reactivate it?
>>
>> thanks. mark
>
> Try this
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=psg1M...
> Am assuming that your pad actually has BT device, not just the capability
> IF you fit one.
> --
> "If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by
> candlelight." George Gobol.
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 5:24:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

the software on the dongle seemed to trigger the xp pc to establish the
bluetooth connection. i did this last week to link with my daughters new
phone sony (k700i). we had to follow the instructions very closely from the
dongle and it didnt seem to work first time. USB isnt always that simple!.
it seemes to have left us with 2 bluetooth icons one that works and one that
does nothing. and it was trial and error to move files across with the
dongle but did it in the end.
If you have a dongle i would have thought your software CD shd do the same
judy
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 2:43:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

Excuse me...What is a "dongle"?
"Judith Crawford" <judith.crawford@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:EYZsd.184$dE4.109@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
> the software on the dongle seemed to trigger the xp pc to establish the
> bluetooth connection. i did this last week to link with my daughters new
> phone sony (k700i). we had to follow the instructions very closely from
the
> dongle and it didnt seem to work first time. USB isnt always that simple!.
> it seemes to have left us with 2 bluetooth icons one that works and one
that
> does nothing. and it was trial and error to move files across with the
> dongle but did it in the end.
> If you have a dongle i would have thought your software CD shd do the same
> judy
>
>
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 7:54:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

reid decker wrote:
> Excuse me.

I'm trying.
--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/&gt;
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 8:21:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

Lady Chatterly wrote:
> In article <Uluvd.39738$bP2.22927@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com> Old Gringo <oldgringo747-noworkie-jet@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm trying.
>
>
> Oh, you are, are you?
>
> --
> Lady Chatterly
>
> "ha, that's not a bot. she corrects my typo. oh, you are a
> self-fighter because you fight against somebody who will always fight
> you." -- yyyiiinnnggg
>
Hi LMAO :) 

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/&gt;
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 1:16:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 5:16:43 GMT, Lady Chatterly
<not-bot@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote:

>In article <Uluvd.39738$bP2.22927@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com> Old Gringo <oldgringo747-noworkie-jet@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>I'm trying.
>
>Oh, you are, are you?

Yes. Very trying :-)



>--------------- ------- ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
When your mind goes blank, remember to turn down the sound
>--------------- ------- ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 12:15:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 5:16:43 GMT, Lady Chatterly
<not-bot@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote :

>
>Oh, you are, are you?

Hmm, I wonder, Lady Chatterly, if you remember what you said to your
chauffeur when the Rolls broke down?
..
..
..
..
..
It was "Do you want a screwdriver?"


--
Regards,
Peter Wilkins
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 5:57:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

A Dongle is a female Dangle (sigh)
!