Your question

CPU, and mother board

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
October 21, 2006 11:38:20 PM

I would like to get a E6600, and i was wondering what motherboard to get?? A decent one for like 100-200 bucks?? I like to game and would like it to have SLI capibilities... I am looking for everything else that i need for a comp.. If anyone could help me with picking out the rest of the computer?? That would be great.. THanks

More about : cpu mother board

October 22, 2006 12:03:34 AM

Quote:
I would like to get a E6600, and i was wondering what motherboard to get?? A decent one for like 100-200 bucks?? I like to game and would like it to have SLI capibilities... I am looking for everything else that i need for a comp.. If anyone could help me with picking out the rest of the computer?? That would be great.. THanks

You'll get lots of differnt opinions.

For the time being, I would stay away from the asus P5W DH deluxe mobo. There seems to be a few issues asus hasnt ironed out. Im sure they will, but for the time being it still needs some work. I have been less than impressed with mine.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/10/11/four_975x_mother...

As for the rest, there lots of great harware out there, it comes down to personal prefernces and what you want to do.

For gaming your going to want a solid video card. The ATI X1900 series or Nvidia 7900 series are the way to go. ATIs single card hardware is a bit faster, and cost a little les than the top of the line Nvidias, but they also tend to take longer getting their drivers up to speed

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

Lots of RAM, dual channel is preferable PC 6400 (DDR2 800) @GB is a good round number

HDDs - your choice. Ive used Maxtor, seagate, IBM and WD. I always go back to WD. They have some good prices for large SATA IIs

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=1...[]=WDC/popup3[]=8:144

Audio- your choice
October 22, 2006 12:21:40 AM

Yup.. just add:

The current Nforce 570/590 and 975X and boards don't really measure up to the current 965 offerings. They run cooler and outperform their more expensive counterparts. So unless you plan on spending 400+ on to cards to Sli i'd bet a Asus P5B. But that's just my opinion and I've never had that kind of cash.
Related resources
October 22, 2006 4:36:26 AM

Ok so ive come up with this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681... - cpu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681... --Psu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682... --- RaM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682... ---Cd Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681... -- POSSBILE MOTHERBOARD, i have done some reading at the site, saying this is a reccomended board.. Anyone have a better one?? for not too much more??

Gpu- need help picking a good one out, a gefore 7900 something, for $250 or under 256 card... If anyone could and last but not least the hard drvie..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

Or this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

If there is anything i am missing plz let me know.. I also have a case picked out, full tower.. so no need to worry bout that but.. here it is..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

Any MORE help you can give would be great THANKS
October 22, 2006 5:07:33 AM

Conroes suck. Get AMD and save money.
October 22, 2006 5:08:19 AM

STFU Amdroid.

Nothing AMD has can compare to an E6600.
October 22, 2006 6:53:39 AM

Its too bad you can't get a true dual 16x graphics board for a conroe.
Also too bad that the CPU doesnt render graphics in a PC
Conroes are dumb no one needs high CPU benchmarks.
And yes AMD platforms manage memory better no matter what stupid chip is in there.
October 22, 2006 6:59:06 AM

well i have amd parts picked out also.. but none of theose comments really helped me.. but anyway.. why go with amd, when amd has LATENCY probs with there ram and conroe is FASTER?? Just wonderin
October 22, 2006 7:09:07 AM

Quote:
Conroes suck. Get AMD and save money.
What a FUD!
Show us AMD configuration and its price and compare it to the same perfroming Core2 platform.
October 22, 2006 7:14:11 AM

Ive never heard of an AMD latency problem with RAM, AMD is more efficient with RAM because the memory controller is built into the CPU.
Plus you can get this
Interesting Device
That my friend is the best thing out right now.
October 22, 2006 7:14:23 AM

Quote:
Its too bad you can't get a true dual 16x graphics board for a conroe.

7950GX2.
Quote:

Also too bad that the CPU doesnt render graphics in a PC

Ever heard of 3d studio max?

Quote:
Conroes are dumb no one needs high CPU benchmarks.

Get a AMD K6-2 then. Suit yourself.

Quote:
And yes AMD platforms manage memory better no matter what stupid chip is in there.

Latency issues on AM2, anyone?

STFU AMDroid.[/quote]
October 22, 2006 7:20:46 AM

Please explain what this latency issue is all about so i may squelch this rumor
October 22, 2006 8:04:10 AM

what is the use of the extra EFFECIENT MERORY controller when it can't beat the core 2 duo platforms .Do you really have the MEMORY controller breakfast everybad that you love it more than your gir friend ?.Please show us better performance charts than the core 2 duo series .The people here like sensible suggestions and not wierd myths . :twisted:
October 22, 2006 8:08:47 AM

My main point is that there is not a 32 lane dual graphics solution that is compatible with LGA socket 775. Any of you guys seen one?
Im still dry an what you're all talking about with the memory latency thing.
October 22, 2006 4:41:01 PM

Who the hell cares?
October 22, 2006 4:58:52 PM

Who the hell is this FUD spreader? I go to bed and spend some time in the Vista section and I come back to this foolishness?
October 22, 2006 5:06:30 PM

I believe this board has what you are asking about:

Quote:
My main point is that there is not a 32 lane dual graphics solution that is compatible with LGA socket 775. Any of you guys seen one?

ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP Socket T
2 x PCI Express x16 slot, support NVIDIA SLI technology, at full x16, x16 speed(blue and black)
1 x PCI Express x16, at x8 speed(middle)
October 22, 2006 5:09:08 PM

You use RAM with loose timings, and you lose 1/8 of the performance on AM2.
October 22, 2006 5:14:53 PM

Word.
Its been proven with many benchmarks, that in order to see any increase in performance between AM2 and 939, one must use ultra low and tight timed RAM. For most people, this doesn't make any sense, and just makes a switch to Core 2 all the more appealing, among other things.

Quote:
If we compare the theoretical values with those achieved in practice, however, the old Socket 939 with DDR1 looks fantastic. At 6.2 GB/sec, the integrated memory interface was able to attain up to 97% of the theoretically possible bandwidth with the DDR1 memory modules. As we began testing, we assumed that if the new DDR2 memory interface even approached this efficiency level, the new processors using the AM2 socket would really take off.

Quote:
Only at clock speeds of 2.6 GHz and above does memory interface performance improve. That's because of the poor CAS latency (CL4.0) of DDR2 memory with a high data throughput, compared to DDR1 (CL2.0). Here the Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (2.6 GHz) achieves a value of 7.6 GB/sec, with the Athlon 64 FX-62 at 2.8 GHz scoring a top throughput of 8.1 GB/sec.

Quote:
When writing, things are even worse: here the performance of CPUs with lower clock speeds really falls apart. With a 2 GHz processor (Athlon 64 X2 3200+) the memory bandwidth is a whopping 200 MHz/sec below the DDR1 value, achieving a paltry 5.6 GB/sec. Only at high clock speeds - 2.4 GHz and above - does performance rise above the values of the old DDR1 memory.

Quote:
The strong dependence of DDR2 memory on CPU speed represents a huge performance loss for midrange processors when compared against DDR1 versions. This is also reflected in the performance of practical applications.
October 22, 2006 6:06:41 PM

Quote:
I believe this board has what you are asking about:

ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP Socket T
2 x PCI Express x16 slot, support NVIDIA SLI technology, at full x16, x16 speed(blue and black)
1 x PCI Express x16, at x8 speed(middle)

I stand corrected, those things are finally out i was wondering when they'd get here.
October 22, 2006 6:09:04 PM

Ok so these thing s are a little off my topic but, ummm so are you guys saying that amd is better? Cuz i know there not, but also anyone can help me with a decent card? and mabe better board?? and or anything i missed????
October 22, 2006 6:22:57 PM

Core 2 is better. Period.
October 22, 2006 8:55:53 PM

I actually did skim through the article wusy posted and all it talks about is how well some corsair rams perform. It said nothing about Intel and offered no comparison.
The benchmarks looked pretty good to me, the article explained that tight timings help increase perfomance.
Ive now played with 3 conroe setups and one in particular is a demo system in a computer store. The machine runs Half-Life 2 as the demo and has an x1600 graphics card with 2GB system memory (e6400).
When i hit the windows key while the game is running, it takes 3 seconds for the start menu to apear and the game to minimize.
My computer, 1GB ram and a 3000 winchester, i play half life 2 and when i hit the windows key it in fact takes less than one second for the computer to minimize and the start menu to apear.
The delay to start menu on the conroe is similar to my old socket A setups, which lack the IMC.
I do apprecaite wusy's article defending my position that there are not any latency issues with AMD/DDR2. I thought that needed some clearing up.
October 22, 2006 9:11:24 PM

Have you actually checked this with a chronometer or are you relying on your perception to calculate this? Have you tried closing any system intensive tasks while using the Core 2?
October 22, 2006 9:20:16 PM

HL2 was the only ap running
i will use a watch tomorrow to get official count for you.
October 22, 2006 9:27:03 PM

Remember to close all processes in Task manager, and remeber to have both rigs RAM timings and latencies be the same. Keep both PCIe lanes at the same speed.
October 22, 2006 9:55:16 PM

Quote:
I actually did skim through the article wusy posted and all it talks about is how well some corsair rams perform. It said nothing about Intel and offered no comparison.
The benchmarks looked pretty good to me, the article explained that tight timings help increase perfomance.
Ive now played with 3 conroe setups and one in particular is a demo system in a computer store. The machine runs Half-Life 2 as the demo and has an x1600 graphics card with 2GB system memory (e6400).
When i hit the windows key while the game is running, it takes 3 seconds for the start menu to apear and the game to minimize.
My computer, 1GB ram and a 3000 winchester, i play half life 2 and when i hit the windows key it in fact takes less than one second for the computer to minimize and the start menu to apear.
The delay to start menu on the conroe is similar to my old socket A setups, which lack the IMC.
I do apprecaite wusy's article defending my position that there are not any latency issues with AMD/DDR2. I thought that needed some clearing up.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ComputingSolutions/0,,30_288_13265_13295%5E13335,00.html

Quote:
Please note: Do It Yourself articles and guides are intended for technically advanced users. Please review important cautionary information at the end of this page. Republished articles presented in the Do It Yourself section do not necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of AMD.

A Guide to Memory Timing
The performance and stability of any system depends in part on the memory being used and the settings for the RAM timing.
Many users may prefer "xyz" brand, and certainly using brand name memory is a very good idea since low quality memory is often at the root of many stability issues. However, it is also important to pay attention to the timing settings of the memory used.

IMPORTANT: Setting memory timings incorrectly could result in lost or corrupted data (resulting in system instability) or boot/post failure. If a system fails to post, default settings can be restored by clearing the CMOS/BIOS via the clear real time clock jumper on the motherboard. Refer to the board manual for the correct procedure.

The topic of memory architecture is too detailed and complex to cover in a single brief article. We will attempt to simplify a portion of the topic that addresses memory timings and how they work.

Typical timing parameters appear as 2-3-2-6-T1 or some variant. So what do these numbers mean?

Before delving into these specific settings, let's first define some common terms used when discussing memory timings.

* RAS - Row Address Strobe or Row Address Select
* CAS - Column Address Strobe or Column Address Select
* tRAS - Active to precharge delay; this is the delay between the precharge and activation of a row
* tRCD - RAS to CAS Delay; the time required between RAS and CAS access
* tCL - (or CL) CAS Latency
* tRP - RAS Precharge; the time required to switch from one row to the next row, for example, switch internal memory banks
* tCLK � ClocK; the length of a clock cycle
* Command Rate - the delay between Chip Select (CS), or when an IC is selected and the time commands can be issued to the IC
* Latency - The time from when a request is made to when it is answered; the total time required before data can be written to or read from the memory.

Some of the above terms are more important to system stability and performance than others. However, to understand the whole, it is important to understand the role of each of these settings/signals. Therefore, the numbers 2-3-2-6-T1 refer to CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-Command Rate and are measured in clock cycles.

tRAS
Memory architecture is like a spreadsheet with row upon row and column upon column, with each row being one bank. For the CPU to access memory, it first must determine which row or bank in the memory is to be accessed and then activate that row with the RAS signal. Once activated, the row can be accessed over and over, until the data is exhausted. This is why tRAS has little effect on overall system performance but could impact system stability if set incorrectly.

tRCD
tRCD is the delay from the time a row is activated to when the cell (or column) is activated via the CAS signal and data can be written to or read from a memory cell. When memory is accessed sequentially, the row is already active and tRCD will not have much impact. However, if memory is not accessed in a linear fashion, the current active row must be deactivated and then a new row selected/activated. In such an example, low tRCD's can improve performance. However, like any other memory timing, putting this too low for the module can cause in instability.

CAS Latency
Certainly, one of the most important timings is the CAS Latency, which is also the one most people understand. Since data is often accessed sequentially (same row), the CPU need only select the next column in the row to get the next piece of data. In other words, CAS Latency is the delay between the CAS signal and the availability of valid data on the data pins (DQ). The latency between column accesses (CAS) then plays an important role in the performance of the memory. The lower the latency, the better the performance. However, the memory modules must be able to support low-latency settings.

tRP
tRP is the time required to terminate one row access and begin the next row access. tRP might also be seen as the delay required between deactivating the current row and selecting the next row. So in conjunction with tRCD, the time required (or clock cycles required) to switch banks (or rows) and select the next cell for reading, writing, or refreshing is a combination of tRP and tRCD.

tRAS
tRAS is the time required before (or delay needed) between the active and precharge commands. In other words, how long the memory must wait before the next memory access can begin.

tCLK
This is simply the clock used for the memory. Note that because frequency is 1/t, if memory were running at 100Mhz, the timing of the memory would be 1/100Mhz, or 10nS.

Command Rate
The Command Rate is the time needed between the chip select signal and when commands can be issued to the RAM module IC. Typically, these are either 1 clock or 2.

This covers much of the basic settings for memory and how they work. As mentioned earlier, it is important to understand what timings your memory will support. Refer to your memory vendor�s website or datasheets for more information.

Cautionary Statement
Activities and projects described herein may involve the use of tools and materials that may present health and safety hazards. These must be handled carefully and all tools and products should be used strictly according to manufacturers' precautions and instructions for the safe use of the respective tool or product. The techniques described herein may result in the voiding of manufacturers' warranties. The user assumes all risks associated with the techniques described in this article/guide. THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED �AS IS� WITH NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AMD ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS CONTAINED IN THIS ARTICLE/GUIDE AND HAS NO LIABILITY OR OBLIGATION FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS ARTICLE/GUIDE.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/03/31/tight_timings_vs_high_clock_frequencies/page7.html

Quote:
What's of most interest here is to compare the most relaxed timings to the tightest timing settings. When keeping the timings and changing the system memory clock frequency from 200 to 290 MHz, we saw 5.2% and 3.5% better performance in SuperPI and 3DMark01. Now, when we're keeping the clock frequency at 193 MHz and changing the timings from CL3.0-4-4-7 to CL2.0-2-2-6 - settings you probably would use when running DDR600 and DDR400 respectively - we see a difference of 5.1% and 5.7%. Interestingly enough, the difference between the best and the worst times in SuperPI is 19 seconds in both cases.

http://www.intel.com/technology/magazine/computing/smart-memory-access-0906.htm

Quote:
Intel� Smart Memory Access: Minimizing Latency on Intel� Core� Microarchitecture
By Jack Doweck, Intel Principal Engineer

Overview: Optimizing Efficiency and Speed
Intel� Smart Memory Access and Intel� Advanced Smart Cache are two ingredients that play an important role in Intel� Core� microarchitecture�a new advance that delivers major leaps in performance and performance-per-watt. These ingredients optimize the use of memory bandwidth and hide the latency of memory accesses. Together they help ensure that data can be used as fast as possible, thus minimizing latency and improving efficiency and speed.

Intel Smart Memory Access, the focus of this article, has two major components: memory disambiguation and an instruction pointer�based (IP) prefetcher.

Memory disambiguation speculatively loads data for instructions that are about to execute before all previous store instructions are executed. This increases the efficiency of out-of-order processing�an optimization technique that offloads work to take advantage of processor speed and reduce the latency effect of bus speeds, which are slower.

Working in concert with memory disambiguation, the IP-based prefetcher gathers memory contents before they are requested so they can be placed in cache and readily accessed when needed. By increasing the number of loads that occur from cache instead of main memory, the IP-based prefetcher reduces memory latency and improves performance.

Intel Smart Memory Access is one of five technology pillars that support the state-of-the-art Intel Core microarchitecture, the new foundation for Intel� architecture�based desktop, mobile, and mainstream server multi-core processors. Intel Core microarchitecture extends the energy-efficient philosophy first delivered in Intel's mobile microarchitecture to platforms that support higher performance, greater performance-per-watt, and more responsive multitasking across all environments.

http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?cat=cpu&id=456&pagenumber=2
Quote:
After publishing this article, we got some inquiries on testing the effects of lower memory latencies and Core 2's performance. This is exactly what we've done on this page using the Corsair DDR2-1066 kit that has 2 x 1GB modules with SPD timings of 5-5-5-15. The following table shows the latencies we've used and the results with specific applications

The table above shows that higher latencies dont really effect Core 2 that much- a very different picture than the one painted by AM2 CPUs that rely a lot more on better latencies. This is good for consumers as they can pretty much pick any DDR2 module and expect good performance.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108142&highlight=Conroe+latency

Now, STFU NOOB FANBOY!
October 22, 2006 10:01:29 PM

OK im not even going to try reading that.
Id like someones words on this not cut/paste photoshop graphs.
October 22, 2006 10:04:29 PM

Quote:
OK im not even going to try reading that.

It does not matter if you are going to read that. You can't understand it anyway. It is for other unkonwledgable readers, who might be missinformed by your BS.
Quote:
Id like someones words on this not cut/paste photoshop graphs.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108142&highlight=Conroe+latency
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103692&highlight=Conroe+latency
Here are words, with pictures of validated benchmarks.
What about the words of all the members on this thread who tried to explain to you?
Are you ignoring them or you don't understand them?
October 22, 2006 10:16:32 PM

Quote:

Guys, this dude is either Sharikou himself, or one of his fans/drones.
You'll find exactly the same weird argument on his blog, which i'll not link here cause i do not think doing him any kind of advertisement and increasing his hit count is good.
October 22, 2006 10:17:01 PM

The parts you need to read are highlighted in bold....
October 22, 2006 10:19:15 PM

Quote:
Guys, this dude is either Sharikou himself,

no, it is not Shakira. Her sock puppet nick name should be Sad_Fanboy.
Quote:
or one of his fans/drones.
Acording to the IQ, most likely it is 9nm.
October 22, 2006 10:21:31 PM

I see you've found new flamebait.
October 22, 2006 10:28:43 PM

Quote:
I see you've found new flamebait.

It is simple, I hate trolls.
October 22, 2006 11:29:52 PM

This argument sounds familiar... hmm... BaronMatrix's "FSB" disk-swapping latency argument comes to mind. Also similar is Shakira's "I walked into a Circuit City" 'benchmark' blog entry. Maybe this person is BaronSharikou. Oh, the horror.

EDIT: Ah, mentioned above.
October 23, 2006 1:51:05 AM

i think this guy has taken baronmatris's BS crown away from him. Congradulations, you suck. If you trully dont care about reality and the fact that people present to you then stop trolling and being an incoherent dumass. Present arguments with reason or you are a waist of a life form.
a b à CPUs
October 23, 2006 2:47:33 AM

Quote:

Fine you can keep your Integrated Memory Controller..:p  I switched from an AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+ oc'ed to 3.2GHz to an Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800. Even when running at stock speeds the Core 2 rig is much more responsive (it feels like a large upgrade, not just a small negligible boost).

Plus, who cares about Core 2 Duo's memory bandwidth, it's not affecting it's performance. Do you think that an Intel Pentium 4 Prescott is better then an AMD Athlon64 Socket 754? Cuz by your logic it would be seeing as the Pentium 4 had more then twice the memory bandwidth.

I respect that you're just learning about computers and because of this I won't insult you directly. But Honestly, if you make a claim.. back it up. Everyone here have clearly shown the latency issues affecting the Socket AM2 processors to be true by posting factual research findings. Hell someone even posted info right off of AMD's website.
October 23, 2006 3:49:05 AM

If you turkeys don't believe me then install HL2 and try it on your stupid conroe and see if im BSing or not
October 23, 2006 4:11:13 AM

You dumb f^ck.
I've tested my X6800 against my E6600 and a E6400 and a 3060 and a Woodcrest and a AMD 64 FX 62, FX 55, a Celeron D, P4 3.8, Turion X2 and 805D.
I've tested it using Oblivion (which is far more intensive than HL2 will ever be), BF2, 3DMark, Prime95, NFS MW, ScienceMark, Photoshop, PC Mark, Quake 4, and your oh so precious HL2.
And guess who wins?
The Conroe. The E6600 owns everything but the X6800 and the E6400 comes damn close to doing the same.
If you have the urge to post bullsh*t, do it somewhere else. Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.
October 23, 2006 4:33:37 AM

Let me give you visual aid since you have obvious trouble reading and comprehending.

Round 1: X6800 vs FX 62

Winner: Conroe

Round 2: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 3: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 4: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 5: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 6: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 7: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 8: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 9: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 10: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 11: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 12: X6800 vs FX 62

Round 13: X6800 vs FX 62

Winner by a KO: X6800
October 23, 2006 10:52:12 AM

Quote:
If you turkeys don't believe me then install HL2 and try it on your stupid conroe and see if im BSing or not

I trully hope you have a tumor in your head.
October 23, 2006 6:42:40 PM

Quote:
Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

ROFL - love that analogy :) 
October 23, 2006 6:59:55 PM

Happy_Fanboy, hijacked thread in 30 minutes or less or your money back.

Now, back to the question at hand... which I totally forgot after the 5th or so post... Actually, I'm wondering how all you people magically know where the AMD fanboys are... it seems where there's one of them, the THG gurus all mob him to prove what a nubcake he is... shrug...

Anyways... to the original poster... if he is still reading this (probably not since no sane person would):

Good choice on CPU and PSU.

The Ram, you might want to get G.Skill since its cheaper and performs just as well.

The NEC burner is nice, the Samsung 18X SI-182M has lightscribe if that makes any diff: http://www.directron.com/shs182m.html

The MSI 975X is also a decent mobo, but I would highly recommend either the P5W-DH if you want top of the line, or the AW9-MAX if you want something cheaper but also top tier. Also, your mobo isin't the Rev. 2 Power up edition. You want that one.

HDD wise, I would suggest the 320 gig Seagate PMR drive, the Barracuda 7200.10

Case is usually your choices based on asthetics, I would recommend P180, NZXT Lexa, Gigabyte Aurora, but your choice on that.

I take it your not OC'ing since you don't have an aftermarket HSF? If you want to, I would recommend the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro.

Lastly, I would also recommend www.directron.com since their prices are usually cheaper than Newegg and their services is comparable. I go there for whatever I need.
October 23, 2006 9:37:37 PM

Thanks a lot, someone who actually posted to the TOPIC, not made there own topic inside another.. THANKS ALOT.. FOR A PERSON ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTIOn.. If you guys really jsut wanted to argue about dumb shit you have the ability to make ur own topics also.. just to inform you incase you didn't know.. HA
October 25, 2006 11:41:35 AM

Quote:
You dumb f^ck.
I've tested my X6800 against my E6600 and a E6400 and a 3060 and a Woodcrest and a AMD 64 FX 62, FX 55, a Celeron D, P4 3.8, Turion X2 and 805D.
I've tested it using Oblivion (which is far more intensive than HL2 will ever be), BF2, 3DMark, Prime95, NFS MW, ScienceMark, Photoshop, PC Mark, Quake 4, and your oh so precious HL2.
And guess who wins?
The Conroe. The E6600 owns everything but the X6800 and the E6400 comes damn close to doing the same.
If you have the urge to post bullsh*t, do it somewhere else. Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

:o  how did you lay your hands on all those CPUs? :envy:
Do you own an X6800 AND an E6600?
Do you give your unneeded CPUs as Xmas presents to your friends?
Can i be your friend?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
October 25, 2006 1:16:14 PM

Your welcome, although I don't know how much help we can be anymore...

And Ninja is a rich little mofo... wanna trade lives?
October 25, 2006 5:15:52 PM

You just love me for my money.... :cry:  :wink:

@Doughboy
Simply... no.
October 25, 2006 5:46:29 PM

Quote:

I love you for your E6600. May I have it for X-Mas, please? :lol: 
October 25, 2006 5:48:03 PM

Quote:

I love you for your E6600. May I have it for X-Mas, please? :lol: