Canon IX 4025

Hi.
I have an old Canon IX 4025 with
scsi card Adaptec 2904 and I want to run it with
Windows Xp.
Canon dont make driver to the scanner for Xp.
If some people have this material, can they tell
me what I can do.
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about canon 4025

    "ronny" <ronny.maxel@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    > I have an old Canon IX 4025 with
    > scsi card Adaptec 2904 and I want to run it with
    > Windows Xp.
    > Canon dont make driver to the scanner for Xp.
    > If some people have this material, can they tell
    > me what I can do.
    > Thanks.

    First install ASPI from Adaptec.XP does not has ASPI in the OS. SCSI needs
    the ASPI to communicate with the scanner.

    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverindex.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&source=product_header

    Windows XP has some built-in WIA drivers for some scanners.
    After ASPI is installed, install the SCSI card driver. After those two
    drivers are installed, maybe XP will find the scanner.

    If the manufacturer has Windows 2000 drivers for the scanner, then try that.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Scanners Canon Windows XP Peripherals