Sign in with
Your question

Front Side Bus??

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
October 22, 2006 7:01:15 AM

Ok i Have a 3.8ghz Prescot slot 775LGA. On CPUZ it says my front side bus is 200mhz and rated at 800. How do i get it up to 800. Can i do it without clocking my CPU. Will 200mhz to 800mhz make a big diffrenece.

More about : front side bus

October 22, 2006 7:47:38 AM

You are probably @ the correct fsb. Intel "quad pumps" thier fsb to get to 800. Four times 200 is 800.
October 22, 2006 7:58:56 AM

endyen is correct

200*4=800

:mrgreen:
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 22, 2006 8:33:05 AM

I thought the conroe was so fast that you didnt need a PSU?
October 22, 2006 8:35:14 AM

Quote:
Put the crack pipe down. :roll:
October 22, 2006 8:37:23 AM

Im serious, havent you seen superman 3?
that technology was out there over 10 years ago.
If a processor wants power bad enough it will get it.
October 22, 2006 8:42:48 AM

Quote:
I think it's long past your bedtime. Go to bed before your parents catch you and you get grounded. :wink:
October 22, 2006 9:08:14 PM

X=system clock

Here follow the link it's much the same as QDR(X*4) for the fsb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quad_Data_Rate_SDRAM

unlike DDR (X*2) which transfers data on the RISING and FALLING edges of the CLOCK SIGNAL and it has read write ports that can READ and WRITE at THE SAME TIME. Thus meaning that it can deliever 4 times the amount of data, hence the reason why the EFFECTIVE speed is 800mhz not 200mhz.

Though it does not actually work at 800mhz it works as if it was 800mhz because it can read write simultaniously + transfer data twice per clock. :) 

i dont know if you'll understand this but it is the proper exclamation why it does this (i guess you wanted to know) :wink:
October 22, 2006 9:39:52 PM

Quote:
Ok i Have a 3.8ghz Prescot slot 775LGA. On CPUZ it says my front side bus is 200mhz and rated at 800. How do i get it up to 800. Can i do it without clocking my CPU. Will 200mhz to 800mhz make a big diffrenece.
Yeah, your games will look and play much better. :lol: 
Quote:
Yeah, it's so efficient, it generates its own power.
Quote:
You do know what the K in K8 is right? It all comes back to Intel and Superman.
October 22, 2006 9:40:02 PM

I'm all for it. Make that puppy scream. Scream I tell you, scream. :twisted:
October 22, 2006 10:31:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah, your games will look and play much better. :lol: 
Quote:
Yeah, it's so efficient, it generates its own power.
Quote:
You do know what the K in K8 is right? It all comes back to Intel and Superman.

8O . o O (gawd.. I wish I could get the bus at 800mhz, dat would make his processor... 800x19= 15.2 ghz)

I didn't realize this guy had another thread about this, although he understood this from his help!!! post. :lol: 
October 22, 2006 10:37:43 PM

Quote:
is it just me or does anyone else want to let him try to get his FSB up to 800.

amen.
October 23, 2006 1:05:34 PM

I'm willing to file a class-action lawsuit with you. Could always use more money.

And yes, you can get your processor up to 800MHZ FSB... just find the scientists who are working to get as close to absolute zero as possible, and ask them to cool your cpu. You might even get above 800MHZ!!!
October 23, 2006 7:28:17 PM

Quote:
I'm willing to file a class-action lawsuit with you. Could always use more money.

And yes, you can get your processor up to 800MHZ FSB... just find the scientists who are working to get as close to absolute zero as possible, and ask them to cool your cpu. You might even get above 800MHZ!!!
And your whole mobo....NB especially. :wink: I think the VRM's and Caps would probably go up in a puff of smoke. :p 
October 23, 2006 7:34:46 PM

Quote:
I just figured out 2week ago that I can sue the whole industry for false advertising due to incorrectly calling effective clock rate 'Mhz' when it is 'MT/s'.

I am bored...

Let's do it.
October 23, 2006 7:37:20 PM

Quote:
I just figured out 2week ago that I can sue the whole industry for false advertising due to incorrectly calling effective clock rate 'Mhz' when it is 'MT/s'.

I am bored...

Let's do it.
I join :D 

Like what Western Digital did.
October 23, 2006 8:23:18 PM

I was reading an article about class action lawsuits. Basically, the companies all settle out of court, and the lawyers get most of the money anyways. Companies take not blame, lawyers get money, and consumers are still shafted...

We just can't win...
October 23, 2006 8:59:16 PM

Quote:

I am bored...

Why does everyone say this?

Quote:

Noun 1. Hz - the unit of frequency; one Hertz has a periodic interval of one second

There are 800 MT/s, as you agree. Therefore these transfers happen at 800MHz. Just because everyone here seems to think that the only application of the term 'MHz' is to describe the frequency of a Clock generator in a PC does not make it so.

Any repetitive, regular action can be described in MHz, be it a clock impulse, how many Transfers /second happen on an FSB, the pitch of the sound on a Piano. Lets sue piano makers for not including clock generators putting out a signal at the frequency of each note!!!
October 23, 2006 10:22:21 PM

thanks figured it out now.
!