Epson GT-7000 on Win XP HELP ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

Just upgraded my PC to win Xp , Can anybody tell me how to get this Scanner
working with my PC?

Many Thanks

"the jag" <the jag @ home.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded my PC to win Xp , Can anybody tell me how to get this
> Scanner working with my PC?
>
> Many Thanks

May not be possible. Looks like the original SCSI card had the driver
built-in. If you can not use the original card, then no scanner on Win XP.
http://www.epson.com.sg/other/help/gt7000_faq.shtml

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

my gt 9000 work on xp with 8500 drivers.
sorry, bad english
"the jag" <the jag @ home.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded my PC to win Xp , Can anybody tell me how to get this
> Scanner working with my PC?
>
> Many Thanks

Tim

"mis" <mis@zg.htnet.hr> wrote in message news:<cl8gb1$6lo$1@ls219.htnet.hr>...
> my gt 9000 work on xp with 8500 drivers.
> sorry, bad english
> "the jag" <the jag @ home.com> wrote in message
> > Just upgraded my PC to win Xp , Can anybody tell me how to get this
> > Scanner working with my PC?
> >
> > Many Thanks

There are no problems with the PCI SCSi card on Win XP, the drivers
are part of the Win XP system. Just installing in the case and boot up
the computer, job done...
Use the Win 2000 drivers for XP this will work, but you have to use
the plug and play architecture, you cannot load this with a .exe file.
Plug in the device and follow the Add New Hardware Wizard using the
Install from a Specific Location option pointing the wizard to the
folder where you downloaded/unzipped the Win 2000 drivers to. If you
have already connected the scanner then it will already have an entry
in Device Manager so will not be re-detected. Go to device manager
with the scanner connected and switched on (at boot with SCSi). Find
the entry for the scanner and use the upadte driver to envoke the
wizard and follow the process as above (it is the same wizard).

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

Windows 98 and Windows 2000 included the ASPI software as part of the
default install.

Windows XP does *not* include the ASPI software.

Therefore one thing might be to go to the Adaptec web site, then download
and install the ASPI software.

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/suppdetail.jsp?sess=no&language=En
glish+US&prodkey=ASPI-4.70

FWIW: The Glossary on the Adaptec site says the following ...

ASPI
Advanced SCSI programming Interface. A standard SCSI software interface
that acts as a liaison between host adapters and SCSI device drivers. ASPI
enables host adapters and device drivers to share a single SCSI hardware
interface.

ASPI MANAGER
A software module that provides an interface between ASPI modules, a host
adapter board, and the SCSI devices connected to the adapter. A single ASPI
manager can handle multiple Input/Output requests from multiple ASPI
modules. ASPI managers are put requests from multiple ASPI modules. ASPI
managers are written for a specific operating system - such as DOS, OS/2 or
Unix-and a specific family of host adapter boards. The Adaptec EZ-SCSI ASPI
managers for DOS are ASPI4DOS, ASPIEDOS and ASPI2DOS.

ASPI MODULE
Device-level code specific to a particular kind of SCSI device that
communicates with the ASPI manager. The Adaptec EZ-SCSI ASPI modules are
ASPIDISK. ASPICD.