snagged a SCSI MicrotekIIHR off of ebay

I bought this thing in a lot of printers and want to get it going because it
has a feeder for docs to be scanned.

It is a SCSI scanner but did not come with a SCSI card. I am thinking that
the drivers for this scanner will be looking for **EXACTLY** the SCSI card
that shipped with this scanner. i.e., I don't think that different SCSI
parts (and hence boards) are register-compatible and therefore the drivers
won't work with anything other than the card originally supplied.

Does anybody know if Microtek mfg'd their own SCSI card or OEM'ed somebody
elses? If this thing will actually work with a variety of SCSI cards does
anybody have a recommendation for a particular SCSI card?

Thanks.

--
For emails, don't forget to 'fix' the address.
A special place in hell awaits spammers!!!

"ProdigySBC_SUX" <anon_txNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought this thing in a lot of printers and want to get it going because
it
> has a feeder for docs to be scanned.
>
> It is a SCSI scanner but did not come with a SCSI card. I am thinking
that
> the drivers for this scanner will be looking for **EXACTLY** the SCSI card
> that shipped with this scanner. i.e., I don't think that different SCSI
> parts (and hence boards) are register-compatible and therefore the drivers
> won't work with anything other than the card originally supplied.
>
> Does anybody know if Microtek mfg'd their own SCSI card or OEM'ed somebody
> elses? If this thing will actually work with a variety of SCSI cards does
> anybody have a recommendation for a particular SCSI card?
>
> Thanks.

Sorry - I think I finally found answers to most of this. Time for more
experimentation and refinement.