Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bluetooth adapter for win 7 64 bit

Last response: in Windows 7
a c 371 $ Windows 7
November 16, 2009 11:43:55 PM

can anyone post me a good buy on one of these please!

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2009 4:02:48 AM

How 'bout searching on retail sites like NewEgg or Amazon, or using Google?
a c 371 $ Windows 7
November 29, 2009 10:58:03 PM

found an asus on new egg for 9.99. thanks!
Related resources
April 17, 2011 6:51:00 PM

Bringing this thread back after more than a year because the question can be answered in more detail and because the Asus adapter OP specified was not listed in detail for other people with the same question.

If you are looking for a Windows 7 compatible device, keep reading. If you already own a device and are looking for connection assistance to a Dell or HP computer, see this thread.

So, here are some Windows 7 compatible devices according to various reviews from Amazon and other sources:

Not Micro
  • Belkin F8T017

• (Apparently has a great range and no difficulty with Windows 7)
  • StarTech USBBT2EDR

• (Plug and go. No need for manual driver installation)

Micro
  • Toshiba PA3710U-1BTM

• (Plug and go. No need for manual driver installation. However, not good for Windows 7 on Palm Treo)
  • Cirago BTA3210 v2.1

• (+1 for Linux compatibility as well as Windows 7 compatibility)
  • IOGEAR GBU421

• (Works for most but a few have problems)
  • Azio BTD-V201

• (Works well with Ubuntu Linux. Bundled software could, apparently, use some work)
  • ASUS USB-BT21

• (May need to download new drivers from Asus website to get to work with Windows 7)

If you have questions about the compatibility of other devices with Windows 7, you can go to the Windows 7 Compatibility Center.

I did not link the adapters to specific retailers because prices vary, and it is your responsibility to find the best price.
    May 26, 2013 2:44:50 PM

krackerjack4 said:
    Bringing this thread back after more than a year because the question can be answered in more detail and because the Asus adapter OP specified was not listed in detail for other people with the same question.

If you are looking for a Windows 7 compatible device, keep reading. If you already own a device and are looking for connection assistance to a Dell or HP computer, see this thread.

So, here are some Windows 7 compatible devices according to various reviews from Amazon and other sources:

Not Micro
  • Belkin F8T017

• (Apparently has a great range and no difficulty with Windows 7)
  • StarTech USBBT2EDR

• (Plug and go. No need for manual driver installation)

Micro
  • Toshiba PA3710U-1BTM

• (Plug and go. No need for manual driver installation. However, not good for Windows 7 on Palm Treo)
  • Cirago BTA3210 v2.1

• (+1 for Linux compatibility as well as Windows 7 compatibility)
  • IOGEAR GBU421

• (Works for most but a few have problems)
  • Azio BTD-V201

• (Works well with Ubuntu Linux. Bundled software could, apparently, use some work)
  • ASUS USB-BT21

• (May need to download new drivers from Asus website to get to work with Windows 7)

If you have questions about the compatibility of other devices with Windows 7, you can go to the Windows 7 Compatibility Center.

I did not link the adapters to specific retailers because prices vary, and it is your responsibility to find the best price.

• @krackerjack4 Thanks for composing this lists its really helpful. I was wondering if you might be help with a question I have as well, here's the link: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1683427/seeking-...
    !