1/4 X 2 1/4 Scanning

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I have a lot of old (35-45 yrs) negatives. These were taken with "brownie"
type cameras. I believe flatbed resolution would fit my needs for scanning.
What scanners would have a transparency adapter for 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 not just
35mm? What software works.. Vuescan ? ...

Thanks Al S

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

A "High End" consumer flatbed setup that would handle your application
would be:

Hardware:
Epson 4870

Software:
(1) Epson Scan (included with the scanner)
(2) SilverFast AI (included with the "PRO" version of the scanner)
(3) ViewScan (Downloaded from Ed's web site)

<kd6nt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a lot of old (35-45 yrs) negatives. These were taken with
"brownie"
> type cameras. I believe flatbed resolution would fit my needs for
scanning.
> What scanners would have a transparency adapter for 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 not
just
> 35mm? What software works.. Vuescan ? ...
>
> Thanks Al S

JohnS

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I have a 4180 that works just super with 2 1/4 negs and slides.
Also works with 35mm and even some really old half frame 35 mm.

A little cheaper than the 4870 and right now there is a $50 rebate.

JohnS

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

Thanks for the good lead..
Al

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I know that this is NOT usually recomend, but.....
http://www.tom-elliott-photography.com/hp-scanner.html
is where I adapted my flatbed for transparency scaning from 35mm to 4x5 the
conversion was around $25USD here in Miami.
Have fun.