1/4 X 2 1/4 Scanning

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I have a lot of old (35-45 yrs) negatives. These were taken with "brownie"
type cameras. I believe flatbed resolution would fit my needs for scanning.
What scanners would have a transparency adapter for 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 not just
35mm? What software works.. Vuescan ? ...

Thanks Al S
4 answers Last reply
More about scanning
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

    A "High End" consumer flatbed setup that would handle your application
    would be:

    Hardware:
    Epson 4870

    Software:
    (1) Epson Scan (included with the scanner)
    (2) SilverFast AI (included with the "PRO" version of the scanner)
    (3) ViewScan (Downloaded from Ed's web site)

    <kd6nt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a lot of old (35-45 yrs) negatives. These were taken with
    "brownie"
    > type cameras. I believe flatbed resolution would fit my needs for
    scanning.
    > What scanners would have a transparency adapter for 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 not
    just
    > 35mm? What software works.. Vuescan ? ...
    >
    > Thanks Al S
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

    I have a 4180 that works just super with 2 1/4 negs and slides.
    Also works with 35mm and even some really old half frame 35 mm.

    A little cheaper than the 4870 and right now there is a $50 rebate.

    JohnS
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

    Thanks for the good lead..
    Al
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

    I know that this is NOT usually recomend, but.....
    http://www.tom-elliott-photography.com/hp-scanner.html
    is where I adapted my flatbed for transparency scaning from 35mm to 4x5 the
    conversion was around $25USD here in Miami.
    Have fun.
    <kd6nt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a lot of old (35-45 yrs) negatives. These were taken with "brownie"
    > type cameras. I believe flatbed resolution would fit my needs for
    scanning.
    > What scanners would have a transparency adapter for 2 1/4 X 2 1/4 not just
    > 35mm? What software works.. Vuescan ? ...
    >
    > Thanks Al S

Scanners Resolution Peripherals