Internet Explorer title bar gone anonymous

Internet Explorer stopped identifying itself on the title bar -- only the
name of the document / web site is shown. Why is this? How can I fix it?

Thanks,

Clem.
3 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer title anonymous

    How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176497

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    Window Title

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:uj%23urk02EHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    C.M.G. <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> hunted and pecked:
    > Internet Explorer stopped identifying itself on the title bar -- only
    > the name of the document / web site is shown. Why is this? How can I
    > fix it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Clem.

    Wes,

    That fixed it. The string value was there, but the data value was blank.
    Heaven knows why...

    Thanks,

    Clem.

    > How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176497
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    > Window Title
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:uj%23urk02EHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > C.M.G. <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> hunted and pecked:
    >> Internet Explorer stopped identifying itself on the title bar -- only
    >> the name of the document / web site is shown. Why is this? How can I
    >> fix it?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Clem.

    Clem,

    Heaven knows why... covers a *lot* of territory with XP. ;-)

    Keep having fun!

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:uJGfKd$2EHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    C.M.G. <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> hunted and pecked:
    > Wes,
    >
    > That fixed it. The string value was there, but the data value was
    > blank. Heaven knows why...
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Clem.

    >> How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176497
    >>
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    >> Window Title
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >> Wes
    >>
    >> In news:uj%23urk02EHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    >> C.M.G. <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Internet Explorer stopped identifying itself on the title bar --
    >>> only the name of the document / web site is shown. Why is this? How
    >>> can I fix it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Clem.

Internet Explorer Document Microsoft Windows XP