Send Files via Bluetooth

a b G Storage
February 8, 2005 1:43:21 AM

I can't seem to find a way to send files from my Storage Card via Bluetooth.
Is there a way to do this? Do I need a 3rd party program???

More about : send files bluetooth

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 8, 2005 11:12:15 PM

What Pocket PC are you using?

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

"Jeff Daly" <jeff at dalydose dot com> wrote in message
>I can't seem to find a way to send files from my Storage Card via
>Bluetooth. Is there a way to do this? Do I need a 3rd party program???

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 9, 2005 11:10:17 AM

I have a Dell Axim X30-High with Windows Mobile 2003SE.

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> What Pocket PC are you using?

> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> http://www.geekmac.com
> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>
> "Jeff Daly" <jeff at dalydose dot com> wrote in message
>>I can't seem to find a way to send files from my Storage Card via
>>Bluetooth. Is there a way to do this? Do I need a 3rd party program???

a b G Storage
February 10, 2005 10:34:31 AM

If the other device allows you to explore a folder (most desktop/laptop
Bluetooth software does) then you can use the Browse File option on
Bluetooth Manager to see the files and transfer to/from. Otherwise you'll
need a third party software.

>I have a Dell Axim X30-High with Windows Mobile 2003SE.
>
> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> What Pocket PC are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>> http://www.geekmac.com
>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>>
>> "Jeff Daly" <jeff at dalydose dot com> wrote in message
>>>I can't seem to find a way to send files from my Storage Card via
>>>Bluetooth. Is there a way to do this? Do I need a 3rd party program???

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 10, 2005 10:34:32 AM

Both are identical Axims. I wanted to send a picture file PDA to PDA. I
can browse/explore the folders on the PDA, but I can't get to the Storage
Card.

Do you recommend any 3rd party apps?

> If the other device allows you to explore a folder (most desktop/laptop
> Bluetooth software does) then you can use the Browse File option on
> Bluetooth Manager to see the files and transfer to/from. Otherwise you'll
> need a third party software.

> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> http://www.geekmac.com
> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>
> "Jeff Daly" <jeff at dalydose dot com> wrote in message
>>I have a Dell Axim X30-High with Windows Mobile 2003SE.
>>
>> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
>> message news:u5FDU1aDFHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> What Pocket PC are you using?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>>> http://www.geekmac.com
>>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>>> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>>>
>>> "Jeff Daly" <jeff at dalydose dot com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 10, 2005 6:17:38 PM

If you want the other device to access the Storage Card you can change the
home folder for the file transfer. Open Bluetooth Settings, change to
Services tabe, and highlight the File Transfer service. Tap the Advanced
button and change the folder.

When another device connects and browses this device, the home folder will
be the one you selected - and it can be a Storage Card if you want.

> Both are identical Axims. I wanted to send a picture file PDA to PDA. I
> can browse/explore the folders on the PDA, but I can't get to the Storage
> Card.
>
> Do you recommend any 3rd party apps?
>

> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> If the other device allows you to explore a folder (most desktop/laptop
>> Bluetooth software does) then you can use the Browse File option on
>> Bluetooth Manager to see the files and transfer to/from. Otherwise you'll
>> need a third party software.
>>
>> --
>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>> http://www.geekmac.com
>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>>
>> "Jeff Daly" <jeff at dalydose dot com> wrote in message
>>>I have a Dell Axim X30-High with Windows Mobile 2003SE.
>>>
>>> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
>>> message news:u5FDU1aDFHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 10, 2005 6:17:39 PM

THANKS! That'll probably do what I intended. :)  Can the 'home folder' be
simply the device? That way, I could share files from either place.

> If you want the other device to access the Storage Card you can change the
> home folder for the file transfer. Open Bluetooth Settings, change to
> Services tabe, and highlight the File Transfer service. Tap the Advanced
> button and change the folder.
>
> When another device connects and browses this device, the home folder will
> be the one you selected - and it can be a Storage Card if you want.

> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> http://www.geekmac.com
> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>
> "Jeff Daly" <jeff at dalydose dot com> wrote in message
>> Both are identical Axims. I wanted to send a picture file PDA to PDA. I
>> can browse/explore the folders on the PDA, but I can't get to the Storage
>> Card.
>>
>> Do you recommend any 3rd party apps?
>>

>> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
>> message news:uIKk8XtDFHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> If the other device allows you to explore a folder (most desktop/laptop
>>> Bluetooth software does) then you can use the Browse File option on
>>> Bluetooth Manager to see the files and transfer to/from. Otherwise
>>> you'll need a third party software.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>>> http://www.geekmac.com
>>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>>> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>>>
>>> "Jeff Daly" <jeff at dalydose dot com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 11, 2005 1:04:21 PM

You can set "\" and then you can browse everything.

!