"CMOS Checksum bad" ?????

Falcorn

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
Hello....
I am trying to load an OS onto a new system, but keep receiving the error "CMOS Checksum bad" I have cleared the cmos and tried to reboot, but that has no affect. I'd like to flash bios, but do not have a way to load it onto a disk, and do not have a floppy drive.
I then loaded the bios from the manufacturer onto a portable usd mass storage device. The post screen recognizes the device but Imnot sure how to access it. This is my first build, please bear with me!
Anyone have any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated!

Falcorn

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
Well I wrote above I do not have an operating sytem running, so the only bios I know of is the mobo bios. Thats where I am questioning how to set the CMOS time and date.

digitaldreamzz

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Hello....
I am trying to load an OS onto a new system, but keep receiving the error "CMOS Checksum bad" I have cleared the cmos and tried to reboot, but that has no affect. I'd like to flash bios, but do not have a way to load it onto a disk, and do not have a floppy drive.
I then loaded the bios from the manufacturer onto a portable usd mass storage device. The post screen recognizes the device but Imnot sure how to access it. This is my first build, please bear with me!
Anyone have any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated!

Usually "CMOS Checksum bad" message comes when the CMOS battery in motherboard has gone weak.But since it is a new system i am not very sure.But still plzz try replacing your BIOS CMOS battery.

Most M/Bs allow entering the CMOS setup by holding down the delete key while booting, some have special enter keys and usually show up on the first boot screen.

Once in the CMOS setup, usually at the bottom are symbols for the keys you use to navigate through the CMOS.

After setting the date and time you also may need to activate Setup Defaults then on most M/Bs the Esc key takes you back to the main CMOS screen, and the F10 key activates the save and exit feature, make sure the Y or Yes is flashing then press Enter to Save and Exit CMOS Setup, your M/B may be different and the instructions are usually below the CMOS main screen.

After setting the date and time and saving and exiting the settings the M/B should boot normally.

Sometimes its confusing when more than one is trying to tell you what to do, feel free to PM me if you need to and I'll help you all I can.