frustrated with umax scanner

I have been trying for a couple days to try and get my Astra 2200 usb
scanner working on windows 2000. It worked flawlessly on 98 but I
upgraded the computer to 2000 and not it does not work.

As far as I can tell the scanner is not supported

"william kossack" <wskossack@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have been trying for a couple days to try and get my Astra 2200 usb
>scanner working on windows 2000. It worked flawlessly on 98 but I upgraded
>the computer to 2000 and not it does not work.
>
> As far as I can tell the scanner is not supported

Umax drivers from Germany. As far as I know these are in English. Look for
British flag.
http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm

For Astra 2200 USB, Windows 2000: English version at British flag. Over 25
MB download.
http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_usb&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search

For Astra 2200 SCSI, Windows 2000, English version at British flag:

http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_scsi&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

This does not help much. Same information as on the American page.

I have to give them money to buy software to support their product? No
thanks.

Previous versions of software I've downloaded from them would not even
uninstall correctly. They know nothing about customer support and
satisfaction. I guess nobody is buying their stuff anymore.

The scanner is going into the trash. Their stuff is nothing but problems.

CSM1 wrote:
> "william kossack" <wskossack@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>I have been trying for a couple days to try and get my Astra 2200 usb
>>scanner working on windows 2000. It worked flawlessly on 98 but I upgraded
>>the computer to 2000 and not it does not work.
>>
>>As far as I can tell the scanner is not supported
>

> Umax drivers from Germany. As far as I know these are in English. Look for
> British flag.
> http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm
>

> For Astra 2200 USB, Windows 2000: English version at British flag. Over 25
> MB download.
> http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_usb&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search
>
> For Astra 2200 SCSI, Windows 2000, English version at British flag:
>
> http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_scsi&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search

yep, when I finally managed to uninstall the UMAX software and rebooted
my windows 2000 system I had to re-install some device drivers (I think
it was the audio but there was a number of other things also).

UMAX needs to hire some programmers that know what they are doing. I've
dealt with other packages that replace device driver files with their
own only to totally hose the computer. You don't replace other device
drivers unrelated to your code without asking the user and you certainly
don't list them in the uninstall.

It is extremely inconsiderate to mess with drivers from other devices
unrelated to the device being installed.

It like saying that the UMAX stuff is more important than what ever is
already on this computer and if the customer really needs that other
stuff then they don't need us.

Well UMAX I don't need you and the problems you create.

Is don't know why I'm saying this here because companies tend to not
care what the user thinks.