frustrated with umax scanner

I have been trying for a couple days to try and get my Astra 2200 usb
scanner working on windows 2000. It worked flawlessly on 98 but I
upgraded the computer to 2000 and not it does not work.

As far as I can tell the scanner is not supported
3 answers Last reply
More about frustrated umax scanner

    "william kossack" <wskossack@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I have been trying for a couple days to try and get my Astra 2200 usb
    >scanner working on windows 2000. It worked flawlessly on 98 but I upgraded
    >the computer to 2000 and not it does not work.
    >
    > As far as I can tell the scanner is not supported

    Umax drivers from Germany. As far as I know these are in English. Look for
    British flag.
    http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm

    For Astra 2200 USB, Windows 2000: English version at British flag. Over 25
    MB download.
    http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_usb&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search

    For Astra 2200 SCSI, Windows 2000, English version at British flag:

    http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_scsi&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    This does not help much. Same information as on the American page.

    I have to give them money to buy software to support their product? No
    thanks.

    Previous versions of software I've downloaded from them would not even
    uninstall correctly. They know nothing about customer support and
    satisfaction. I guess nobody is buying their stuff anymore.

    The scanner is going into the trash. Their stuff is nothing but problems.

    CSM1 wrote:
    > "william kossack" <wskossack@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have been trying for a couple days to try and get my Astra 2200 usb
    >>scanner working on windows 2000. It worked flawlessly on 98 but I upgraded
    >>the computer to 2000 and not it does not work.
    >>
    >>As far as I can tell the scanner is not supported
    >

    > Umax drivers from Germany. As far as I know these are in English. Look for
    > British flag.
    > http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm
    >

    > For Astra 2200 USB, Windows 2000: English version at British flag. Over 25
    > MB download.
    > http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_usb&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search
    >
    > For Astra 2200 SCSI, Windows 2000, English version at British flag:
    >
    > http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_scsi&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    yep, when I finally managed to uninstall the UMAX software and rebooted
    my windows 2000 system I had to re-install some device drivers (I think
    it was the audio but there was a number of other things also).

    UMAX needs to hire some programmers that know what they are doing. I've
    dealt with other packages that replace device driver files with their
    own only to totally hose the computer. You don't replace other device
    drivers unrelated to your code without asking the user and you certainly
    don't list them in the uninstall.

    It is extremely inconsiderate to mess with drivers from other devices
    unrelated to the device being installed.

    It like saying that the UMAX stuff is more important than what ever is
    already on this computer and if the customer really needs that other
    stuff then they don't need us.

    Well UMAX I don't need you and the problems you create.

    Is don't know why I'm saying this here because companies tend to not
    care what the user thinks.

    william kossack wrote:
    > This does not help much. Same information as on the American page.
    >
    > I have to give them money to buy software to support their product? No
    > thanks.
    >
    > Previous versions of software I've downloaded from them would not even
    > uninstall correctly. They know nothing about customer support and
    > satisfaction. I guess nobody is buying their stuff anymore.
    >
    > The scanner is going into the trash. Their stuff is nothing but problems.
    >

    > CSM1 wrote:
    >
    >> "william kossack" <wskossack@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I have been trying for a couple days to try and get my Astra 2200 usb
    >>> scanner working on windows 2000. It worked flawlessly on 98 but I
    >>> upgraded the computer to 2000 and not it does not work.
    >>>
    >>> As far as I can tell the scanner is not supported
    >>

    >> Umax drivers from Germany. As far as I know these are in English. Look
    >> for British flag.
    >> http://www.umax.de/support/treiber.htm
    >>

    >> For Astra 2200 USB, Windows 2000: English version at British flag.
    >> Over 25 MB download.
    >> http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_usb&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search
    >>

    >> For Astra 2200 SCSI, Windows 2000, English version at British flag:
    >>
    >> http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=a_scsi&OS=win_2k&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search

Scanners Umax Windows 2000 Peripherals