Sign in with
Your question

Need USB 2.0 Driver for Asus A8N-E

Last response: in Motherboards
October 22, 2006 11:44:14 PM

I just got a multi memory card reader. Plugged it into the front of my box and a Win XP baloon popped up saying "This device can perform faster if it was plugged into a USB 2.0 port." I tried the USB ports on the back an got the same thing.

Doesn't WinXP have generic drivers for USB 2.0?

I checked the Asus site, but couldn't find a USB 2.0 driver for this mobo.

Any ideas?

(right now it's taking me 6 minutes to transfer 185 MB to a 150x 4GB SD card)

More about : usb driver asus a8n

October 23, 2006 3:32:47 AM

Normally with a "registered" copy of win xp you can download service pack 2 and that enables usb 2.0 If however you have a bootleg, and I'm not saying that you do, then usb 2.0 stays usb 1.0

oops... just saw Bill.. lookin' thru the window at me... is he looking for you??

Howard849
October 24, 2006 1:04:52 AM

Nope. I have a legit version with SP2. That's why I'm thinking usb2.0 should be standard. Maybe it's the card reader driver...
Related resources
October 24, 2006 1:40:10 AM

Quote:
Nope. I have a legit version with SP2. That's why I'm thinking usb2.0 should be standard. Maybe it's the card reader driver...

I've noticed similar problems with some devices. It jsut seems to be some sort of problem between the device and XP (it tends to happen to people using USB hubs) all I can say is I know the ports were USB 2 and that other devices had no problem...
October 24, 2006 8:57:18 PM

Quote:
I just got a multi memory card reader. Plugged it into the front of my box and a Win XP baloon popped up saying "This device can perform faster if it was plugged into a USB 2.0 port." I tried the USB ports on the back an got the same thing.

Doesn't WinXP have generic drivers for USB 2.0?

I checked the Asus site, but couldn't find a USB 2.0 driver for this mobo.

Any ideas?

(right now it's taking me 6 minutes to transfer 185 MB to a 150x 4GB SD card)

just do a driver update in devices manager and let XP install new drivers
October 24, 2006 9:24:37 PM

check the bios and make sure the usb setting is set to 'HiSpeed' not fullspeed or low speed.
October 24, 2006 9:26:14 PM

Try heading over to Nvidia and grabbing the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard (Asus is notorious for being slow to sync their drivers with Nvidia's new releases). This may help.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 25, 2009 10:05:42 AM

Need USB 2.0 Driver for Asus A8N-E :( 
!