Tags:
  • Download
  • Performance
  • Svchost.Exe
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
June 7, 2011 12:47:14 PM

Recently i formatted and installed Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
i note that something is using up my download speed....
then went to Taskmanager>Performance(tab)>ResourceMonitor>Network(tab)
and found out that three "svchost.exe" are using up my net speed...mainly "svchost.exe (netsvcs)" is using up my all download speed
what to do
please help asap
i really need help on this.......thanks

More about : svchost exe netsvcs net speed

a b $ Windows 7
June 7, 2011 1:00:57 PM

looks like its getting windows updates, if not then run a malware scan
m
l
June 7, 2011 1:58:42 PM

thats what i thought in the beginning......but it is not that
i have turned off windows update from control panel....stilll running
m
l
Related resources
June 8, 2011 8:17:32 PM

Hey
svchost.exe is normal system process , but if it is spelled like scvhost.exe
or something similar you should run an antivirus.
And there is usually more than 5 svchost.exe processes
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 8, 2011 8:33:13 PM

how much is it using up your bandwith anyway?

i wouldnt worry unless it gets into 100kb/s+ and even then its probably just a program updating itself ususally the antivirus,
i know for a fact maccaffe slows my stepdads computer down to a crawl when it updates (plus internet)
m
l
June 9, 2011 6:06:28 AM

actually in am from Bangladesh. my max download speed is 60KB/s and it uses up all of it
m
l
January 13, 2013 3:43:50 PM

Guyz, i got a fix for this problem from another guy.

It will be fixed by hust removing qmgr.dll from system32 folder. qmgr.dll is a module associated withBackground

Intelligence Transfer Service. Even if windows update is turned off, its found to be downloading something. Maybe

a program created by microsoft to check the OS running is genuine.

For deleting or renaming that file which gets it out of service, follow these simple steps in an administrator

account. Thats necessary because we need admin privileges for changin system files :-

- For deleting or renaming, we should own that file. CMD's TAKEOWN command helps us to do so.
- open up cmd with admin privileges, then type these in it :

takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll
(note : it will only work if cmd is ran as administrator)

- one more thing is to be done before doing so, that is to gain full control or rights over the file :
- in cmd having admin privileges, type these -
cacls C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll /G FAAZ:F

here, there is one thing to note, i have given 'FAAZ:F' above, that FAAZ is to be replaced with your

account's name. Mine being FAAZ, i have given that.

- Now, you should be able to rename or delete the file. Just make a backup in case if you want to update in

future.

-> if the problem still persist, delete wuaueng.dll from the same folder with the same method given above.
there will be no need for this. Deleting qmgr.dll will be mostly enough.

-faztp12
m
l
November 17, 2013 11:02:11 AM

faztp12 said:

It will be fixed by hust removing qmgr.dll from system32 folder. qmgr.dll is a module associated withBackground

Intelligence Transfer Service. Even if windows update is turned off, its found to be downloading something. Maybe

For deleting or renaming that file which gets it out of service, follow these simple steps in an administrator

account. Thats necessary because we need admin privileges for changin system files :-

- For deleting or renaming, we should own that file. CMD's TAKEOWN command helps us to do so.

- one more thing is to be done before doing so, that is to gain full control or rights over the file :

here, there is one thing to note, i have given 'FAAZ:F' above, that FAAZ is to be replaced with your

- Now, you should be able to rename or delete the file. Just make a backup in case if you want to update in

future.

-> if the problem still persist, delete wuaueng.dll from the same folder with the same method given above.

-faztp12

Will you please tell me? How can i undo all these steps?
Because i am not able to start BITS services now,Please tell me how can i undo these commands
m
l
November 17, 2013 6:45:26 PM

hotboyz012345 said:
faztp12 said:

future.

-faztp12

Because i am not able to start BITS services now,Please tell me how can i undo these commands

hi hotboyz,

these commands are to be done in the command prompt
which could be opened in the following manner, remember, elevation is necesary :

- Start > type "cmd" > either command prompt or cmd will be shown > right click > run as administrator > Click YES

yep that will do. Now type in the commands abv ^^

:) 
m
l
November 17, 2013 10:31:40 PM

faztp12 said:
hotboyz012345 said:
faztp12 said:

future.

-faztp12

hi hotboyz,

which could be opened in the following manner, remember, elevation is necesary :

- Start > type "cmd" > either command prompt or cmd will be shown > right click > run as administrator > Click YES

i know man but i want a command which will undo or reverse the affect of above commands.
I want to enable BITS service so that i can update my window 8 and due to editing in qmgr.dll i can't update now
m
l
December 10, 2013 7:55:26 AM

Just Go to Control Panel,then click on Administrative tools then click on Services then Find Background transfer intelligent service then Right click and go to Properties then Disable the service.

That's it..... enjoy......
m
l
January 26, 2014 10:31:22 AM

go to network activity in resource monitor, if you find the ip which svchost.exe (netsvcs) using is 74.125.169.20 then its definitely Google update. I experienced this problem earlier then I deleted google chrome from my computer after that svchost.exe (netsvcs) not coming in my network activity.. Please try it. Thanks by Kingston (India). antokingston2005@yahoo.co.in
m
l
March 7, 2014 11:00:15 PM

"cacls C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll /G Rishi:F"

whenever I write this in cmd I find "access is denied"
I m using window 7 home premium, 64 bit.
please reply

m
l
March 8, 2014 3:49:03 AM

"cacls C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll /G Rishi:F"

whenever I write this in cmd I find "access is denied"
I m using window 7 home premium, 64 bit.
please tell me how to get full control over it....
please reply... i m waiting
m
l
April 20, 2014 7:01:15 AM

This worked for me in windows 8.

Go to My Computer-> manage->services and applications->Services and stop this service: "Background intelligent transfer service".
m
l
May 4, 2014 9:13:53 AM

Lokesh Chandra said:
Just Go to Control Panel,then click on Administrative tools then click on Services then Find Background transfer intelligent service then Right click and go to Properties then Disable the service.

sir,u gave the the most satisfactory answer and a working one...gud1 ..thanks ... i would like to join u on social sites...either gibe me ur email id or here is mine abhishekconnections@gmail.com
m
l
May 5, 2014 11:40:26 PM

Lokesh Chandra said:

this answer given by Lokesh Chandra worked for me in windows 8
m
l
June 15, 2014 11:11:15 AM

Lokesh Chandra said:

m
l
June 15, 2014 11:12:03 AM

thank you very much its help thanksssssssssssssssss
m
l
August 12, 2014 8:21:23 AM

sry bt i didnt hv enough time to read all the answers, so im posting my solution straightaway. For me automatic software updater which comes as a freeware with avast antivirus was causing this problem.
Solution - Disable "software updater" from :-
avast->settings->tools->software updater (customize)->uncheck the enable software updater box
TADAAA internet usage back to normal :) 

m
l
November 19, 2014 5:38:18 AM

hotboyz012345 said:
faztp12 said:
hotboyz012345 said:
faztp12 said:

future.

-faztp12

hi hotboyz,

i know man but i want a command which will undo or reverse the affect of above commands.
I want to enable BITS service so that i can update my window 8 and due to editing in qmgr.dll i can't update now

don't know why but this commands have infected my system (qmgr.dll).. Now whenever i start my windows, after an hour says me that System is not secured and there is a running virus in your memory, nd is always catches qmgr.dll.
So, its my request to other people that never ever play with that file (qmgr.dll).
m
l
January 10, 2015 7:08:28 AM

in_core said:
and found out that three "svchost.exe" are using up my net speed...mainly "svchost.exe (netsvcs)" is using up my all download speed
what to do
please help asap

m
l
January 10, 2015 7:09:13 AM

It is simple to stop netvcs, just follow step given below

go to system configuration utility ( or search for msconfig) > Click on services tab > look for Background intelligent transfer service and uncheck it then restart.

Problem solved...........:bounce: 
m
l
Anonymous
January 21, 2015 9:44:46 AM

Ok sorry guys, I had a problem with (netsvcs) but also with

"svchost (networkservice)"

which - freeze internet (impossible to connect)
- freeze services.exe (which freeze explorer.exe)
or - jump CPU maximal frequency to 120% (not everytime) (if it's just this I just stop the process, then maximal frequency falls down and CPU use jumps to 100%, 10 seconds later another svchost replace the old one)

I don't know how much time I would need to make it stop, but if I have this problem I must do it everytime time internet freezes to keep using it (also for some games, and sometimes explorer, when there's many things to load)

In the two firsts cases : "- freeze internet (impossible to connect)
- freeze services.exe (which freeze explorer.exe)"

Stopping the process is useless, because everyone is waiting for svchost.exe (networkservice) and if I stop it no other svchost will replace this one, and process will wait for services.exe which I can't stop (will close the computer), so at this moment I'm blocked because my Computer completely freezes.

(sorry for my english)

I hope you could help, never found any answers on french websites and forums and also some ENG, DE forums.

Thx Hope you will find the solution for many users, I'll share it if it works ^^

(miniac66@hotmail.com) (I've got two screenshots, but I can't upload them...)
m
l
March 25, 2015 11:07:28 AM

devendrab said:

don't know why but this commands have infected my system (qmgr.dll).. Now whenever i start my windows, after an hour says me that System is not secured and there is a running virus in your memory, nd is always catches qmgr.dll.
So, its my request to other people that never ever play with that file (qmgr.dll).

They have not "infected" your computer. You have delete the DLL file required by the windows Background Intelligent Transfer Service. People in this thread told you how to disable the service, you could also have change the service's start up option to stop it starting again. However, you followed bad advice and delete the dll file from system32.

Heres some advice, never mess around in the system32 folder if you don't know what you are doing. If your antivirus is saying that qmgr.dll is a virus them I'm guessing you downloaded the dll from somewhere on the web after you deleted it and tried to replace it yourself?

Do you have a restore point that you can restore to from before you deleted this file?
m
l
March 28, 2015 1:48:30 AM

Lokesh Chandra said:

Thank You Lokesh Chandra
m
l
April 18, 2015 5:52:24 PM

Yashpal Krishna said:
Lokesh Chandra said:

Thank You Lokesh Chandra

Hello,

I have done the above and each time I restart the computer it reactivates the BITS. I show it unchecked and also disabled, but it starts it anyway after a couple minutes and then eats up all memory and freezes everything. Any Ideas?

Stacy
m
l
April 30, 2015 9:48:39 AM

Haven't used my Win PC for a while, turned it on today and noticed my network was being sucked up, noticed 4-5 instances of svchost.exe (netsvc) running and network monitor shows the IP addresss being 24.244.3.27 and 24.244.3.33 which can't be looked up, should I be suspicious.

BITS, Windows Search, SysMain, etc are all disabled.
m
l
May 12, 2015 2:14:11 AM

teknobug said:
Haven't used my Win PC for a while, turned it on today and noticed my network was being sucked up, noticed 4-5 instances of svchost.exe (netsvc) running and network monitor shows the IP addresss being 24.244.3.27 and 24.244.3.33 which can't be looked up, should I be suspicious.

Can be looked up.
24.244.3.27 Belongs to Shaw Communications Inc, Suite 800, 630 - 3rd Ave. SW, Calgary.
Mean anything to you?
m
l
May 14, 2015 8:58:31 AM

chazchance said:
teknobug said:

Can be looked up.
24.244.3.27 Belongs to Shaw Communications Inc, Suite 800, 630 - 3rd Ave. SW, Calgary.
Mean anything to you?

Oh interesting, I'm in Calgary.
m
l
May 19, 2015 12:44:10 AM

I had the same problem since yesterday. I had a fake "svchost.exe" in my temporary files, it turned out to be a IDP-program/virus. It's a program that allows hackers to gather personal information or remotely acces your computer without your consent. More info: http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/nl-nl/virus-and-malware-in...

So I solved my problem by deleting the fake "svchost.exe". So check if your "svchost.exe" really is located in "C:/Windows/System32/svchost.exe" and not in an other place (mine was in "C:/Windows/Temp/svchost.exe"). You can check the source of the file by right-clicking on the process in taskmanager and clicking on the source file location.
m
l
June 29, 2015 12:36:23 AM

Lokesh Chandra said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR .,,THIS IS THE BEST SOLUTION THAKS A LOT....
m
l
July 26, 2015 10:12:42 AM

It is a big big problem for me too .. I m reading all these answer very carefully .. lets find and try which answer is perfect for my lapy .. Thanks .. all of u ..
m
l
September 27, 2015 6:18:01 AM

Having this problem too. Especially when using broadband - limited bandwidth (128kbps) and limited connection (1 or 2 connection per clients). 90% failure in accessing the Internet - need to refresh many many times.
m
l
February 28, 2016 10:42:58 AM

in_core said:
what to do
please help asap

i had this same problem...but i did some steps that lowered or maybe took down svchost from downloading too much thing and slowing up my internet: (u should download du meter to keep track of how much bandwith is getting used)
1.the easiest solution(which dint really worked for me tho :/ ) is to go to cntrl panel>search' administaritve'>click administrative tools>services>background intelligence (BITS)>stop

2.it might be a virus..some virus name themselves svchost to infect pc pretending they r simple windows svchost.download malewarebytes and scan...if it detects svchost it might be a virus svchost...remove it

3.turn off windows update.if it dosent work than go to services like step 1 and select windows update>stop

4. if u need to get deep than download netbalancer and check which processes r using bandwith including svchost...set their priority to low or block ( If svchost is really using internet for ur windows own sake or it really is important than blocking or lowering svchost might also block ur network...if so dont panic cos u cant surf the net..just turn it back to normal from netbalancer itself)

5. (this method worked the best for me cz i was sharing internet with my phone by reverse tethering) if ur network is being shared turn it off for best security...and if u detect any unnecesarry program on netbalancer which is not system or svchost than also u can use firewall to block them.

6. reinstall windows to a pre updated better version like 8 or 8.1 final........i know bro...windows 7 is a pain cz its old and letting things download itself..im gonna reinstall 8.1 after few days myself too cz i only installed 7 cz i formated previous win 8.1

hope any of them helps u get ur bandwith normal :) 

P.S im also from Bangladesh :) 

m
l
March 22, 2016 8:23:00 AM

WARNING: If you have set Windows Update to perform automatic updates, DO NOT use this procedure!

I had the same problem. Using Process Explorer from Sysinternals (www.sysinternals.com), I found that Windows Update (wuauserv) was using more than 45% of the CPU. This is new. I assume that Microsoft is downloading something for Windows 10.

To keep Windows Update from executing:
1. Using Services running as Administrator, locate Windows Update in the list of services. (To run Services as an administrator: click Start; in the Search Programs and Files search textbox enter "services"; in the results right click on Services (icon is a gear) and choose Run as Administrator; log into the administrator account)
2. Right click on the Windows Update list item and click on Properties (at the bottom). The Windows Update Properties windows appears. To be sure that you are in the right place, make sure that the Service name is "wuauserv" and that the Display name is "Windows Update".
3. In the Windows Update Properties window, click on Stop. After a few moments, the Service status should become "Stopped".
4. When the service is stopped, set the Startup type to Disabled.

Hope that helps.

m
l
August 15, 2016 5:14:41 AM

Adil Warsi said:
It is simple to stop netvcs, just follow step given below

go to system configuration utility ( or search for msconfig) > Click on services tab > look for Background intelligent transfer service and uncheck it then restart.

Problem solved...........:bounce: 

This helped. Now my data is under normal usage. Thank you sir
m
l
September 15, 2016 8:04:41 AM

Its because windows update so follow this easy steps:
1. go in search bar and type services.msc and enter
2. find windows update in the list
3. right click windows update and go to properties
4. make startup type: disabled and click the below stop button
5. click apply and ok
6. your are done with solving this problem
https://youtu.be/r5TpFrNcsdQ

watch this videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5TpFrNcsdQ&feature=you...
m
l