"svchost.exe (netsvcs)" using up my net speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

in_core

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Recently i formatted and installed Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
i note that something is using up my download speed....
then went to Taskmanager>Performance(tab)>ResourceMonitor>Network(tab)
and found out that three "svchost.exe" are using up my net speed...mainly "svchost.exe (netsvcs)" is using up my all download speed
what to do
please help asap
i really need help on this.......thanks

sandrolee123123

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
Hey
svchost.exe is normal system process , but if it is spelled like scvhost.exe
or something similar you should run an antivirus.
And there is usually more than 5 svchost.exe processes

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
how much is it using up your bandwith anyway?

i wouldnt worry unless it gets into 100kb/s+ and even then its probably just a program updating itself ususally the antivirus,
i know for a fact maccaffe slows my stepdads computer down to a crawl when it updates (plus internet)

faztp12

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Guyz, i got a fix for this problem from another guy.

It will be fixed by hust removing qmgr.dll from system32 folder. qmgr.dll is a module associated withBackground

Intelligence Transfer Service. Even if windows update is turned off, its found to be downloading something. Maybe

a program created by microsoft to check the OS running is genuine.

For deleting or renaming that file which gets it out of service, follow these simple steps in an administrator

account. Thats necessary because we need admin privileges for changin system files :-

- For deleting or renaming, we should own that file. CMD's TAKEOWN command helps us to do so.
- open up cmd with admin privileges, then type these in it :

takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll
(note : it will only work if cmd is ran as administrator)

- one more thing is to be done before doing so, that is to gain full control or rights over the file :
- in cmd having admin privileges, type these -
cacls C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll /G FAAZ:F

here, there is one thing to note, i have given 'FAAZ:F' above, that FAAZ is to be replaced with your

account's name. Mine being FAAZ, i have given that.

- Now, you should be able to rename or delete the file. Just make a backup in case if you want to update in

future.

-> if the problem still persist, delete wuaueng.dll from the same folder with the same method given above.
there will be no need for this. Deleting qmgr.dll will be mostly enough.

-faztp12

hotboyz012345

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

Will you please tell me? How can i undo all these steps?
Because i am not able to start BITS services now,Please tell me how can i undo these commands
takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll
cacls C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll /G FAAZ:F

faztp12

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

hi hotboyz,

these commands are to be done in the command prompt
which could be opened in the following manner, remember, elevation is necesary :

- Start > type "cmd" > either command prompt or cmd will be shown > right click > run as administrator > Click YES

yep that will do. Now type in the commands abv ^^

:)

hotboyz012345

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

i know man but i want a command which will undo or reverse the affect of above commands.
I want to enable BITS service so that i can update my window 8 and due to editing in qmgr.dll i can't update now

Lokesh Chandra

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Just Go to Control Panel,then click on Administrative tools then click on Services then Find Background transfer intelligent service then Right click and go to Properties then Disable the service.

That's it..... enjoy......

antokingston2005

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
go to network activity in resource monitor, if you find the ip which svchost.exe (netsvcs) using is 74.125.169.20 then its definitely Google update. I experienced this problem earlier then I deleted google chrome from my computer after that svchost.exe (netsvcs) not coming in my network activity.. Please try it. Thanks by Kingston (India). antokingston2005@yahoo.co.in

Rishikesh Kumar

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
"cacls C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll /G Rishi:F"

whenever I write this in cmd I find "access is denied"
I m using window 7 home premium, 64 bit.
please tell me how to get full control over it....
please reply... i m waiting

abhyyshekk

Reputable
May 4, 2014

sir,u gave the the most satisfactory answer and a working one...gud1 ..thanks ... i would like to join u on social sites...either gibe me ur email id or here is mine abhishekconnections@gmail.com

Kesav Dayal

Reputable
May 6, 2014

this answer given by Lokesh Chandra worked for me in windows 8

Mahmoud Roziqa

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014

Akashsinghece

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
sry bt i didnt hv enough time to read all the answers, so im posting my solution straightaway. For me automatic software updater which comes as a freeware with avast antivirus was causing this problem.
Solution - Disable "software updater" from :-
avast->settings->tools->software updater (customize)->uncheck the enable software updater box
TADAAA internet usage back to normal :)

devendrab

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014

don't know why but this commands have infected my system (qmgr.dll).. Now whenever i start my windows, after an hour says me that System is not secured and there is a running virus in your memory, nd is always catches qmgr.dll.
So, its my request to other people that never ever play with that file (qmgr.dll).

Adil Warsi

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

Adil Warsi

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
It is simple to stop netvcs, just follow step given below

go to system configuration utility ( or search for msconfig) > Click on services tab > look for Background intelligent transfer service and uncheck it then restart.

Problem solved...........:bounce:

G

Ok sorry guys, I had a problem with (netsvcs) but also with

"svchost (networkservice)"

which - freeze internet (impossible to connect)
- freeze services.exe (which freeze explorer.exe)
or - jump CPU maximal frequency to 120% (not everytime) (if it's just this I just stop the process, then maximal frequency falls down and CPU use jumps to 100%, 10 seconds later another svchost replace the old one)

I don't know how much time I would need to make it stop, but if I have this problem I must do it everytime time internet freezes to keep using it (also for some games, and sometimes explorer, when there's many things to load)

In the two firsts cases : "- freeze internet (impossible to connect)
- freeze services.exe (which freeze explorer.exe)"

Stopping the process is useless, because everyone is waiting for svchost.exe (networkservice) and if I stop it no other svchost will replace this one, and process will wait for services.exe which I can't stop (will close the computer), so at this moment I'm blocked because my Computer completely freezes.

(sorry for my english)

I hope you could help, never found any answers on french websites and forums and also some ENG, DE forums.

Thx Hope you will find the solution for many users, I'll share it if it works ^^

(miniac66@hotmail.com) (I've got two screenshots, but I can't upload them...)

guth

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

They have not "infected" your computer. You have delete the DLL file required by the windows Background Intelligent Transfer Service. People in this thread told you how to disable the service, you could also have change the service's start up option to stop it starting again. However, you followed bad advice and delete the dll file from system32.

Heres some advice, never mess around in the system32 folder if you don't know what you are doing. If your antivirus is saying that qmgr.dll is a virus them I'm guessing you downloaded the dll from somewhere on the web after you deleted it and tried to replace it yourself?

Do you have a restore point that you can restore to from before you deleted this file?

Status
Not open for further replies.