Asus A7V266-E/AA owners manual

steve345

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
i cant find the owners manual to this board on the internet. i need to reset the jumpers so i can reset the c-mos.

Hippie73

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
The manual is available as a PDF download on the ASUS website but if you do find an owner's manual do NOT follow the instructions in it for clearing CMOS, there is a misprint. It says to remove the jumper next to the CMOS battery for 10 seconds with the power disconnected and the battery out and then replace it....... There shouldn't be a jumper on the pins, you unplug the power, remove the CMOS battery and THEN install a jumper for a few seconds and REMOVE the jumper before replacing the battering and plugging the PSU back in.

I found out the hard way, I read that and saw there was no jumper so I installed one............ WRONG!!!! :x Now I lose all my changes everytime I unplug the power cord or the power goes out. Tried flashing a new copy of the BIOS but that didn't work. Minor inconvenience true but it bugs the crap out of me.

scottmac019

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
I have looked EVERYWHERE but cannot find it anywhere. I have been given 30 or so A7V266-E/AA boards and all of them seem to be having the same problem. Whenever power is cutoff to the Motherboard they lose thier CMOS settings. It seems like the batteries are not keeping the CMOS charged. This is happening with brand new batteries. Has anyone else had any problems with this?? Also if anyone has a link to a download of the manual or has the manual in pdf that they could email me I would GREATLY Appreciate it.

Thanks

Hippie73

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
Here you go, took me a few tries to get it downloaded so be patient.

A7V266-E/AA Manual Page

If that doesn't do it for you PM me with your e-mail and I can send you the PDF.

If you find a "cure" in the meantime LMK................. it's a decent board otherwise and even though I replaced it tonight with an A7V333 I'd still like to use it to build a Linux machine to play with.

steve345

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
it turns out the board fried. it wasnt the cmos. i took it out in the sun and saw three power caps were cracked and blackened. i appreciate the replys thanks.