Truemobile 1150 install issues

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 30, 2004 9:19:11 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I got a Truemobile from Ebay today and am having trouble installing
it. I downloaded the drivers from Dells site using 6_22_00 file. I
have a Compaq Presario 1200 XL118 with Windows 2000. Windows detects
the card as a MTD-002 and it will not install the drivers. Google
searching results in this post on the Dell Forums

http://forum.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?bo...

that post links to this Microsoft KB article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-...

I made this change to my registry, rebooted and the card will not
install.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pcmcia\Parameters
Add the following registry value to this registry key, and then quit
Registry Editor:

Value name: DisableIsaToPciRouting
Data type: DWORD
Value data: 0

My registry has this
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet
but it also has
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet001
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet002

I made the change in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet

And it now appears in all 3 CurentControlSets

After rebooting and the driver still failed to install, I changed this
setting
"IsaIrqRescanComplete"=dword:00000001 to
"IsaIrqRescanComplete"=dword:00000000

in both CurrentControlSets. I stil cant get the driver to install.

What do I do next?

Thanks
Yeti
Anonymous
March 30, 2004 7:34:15 PM

the yeti <returnoftheyeti@aol.com> wrote:
> I got a Truemobile from Ebay today and am having trouble installing

The Dell TrueMobile 1150 is an Orinoco Gold Classic.
You might try the drivers from
http://www.proxim.com/products/wifi/client/goldpccard/i...
---