chris1985

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I have a Hiper HPU-4M480 and i am running a Intel E6300,2xSATA 80GB Hard Drives,2x Optical Drives & a X1800XT.

Befor i was running all that apart from i had a 4200+ X2.

But since iv changed to the intel CPU there seems to be alot of heat comeing from my PSU & It seems alot more noisy.

Iam Not over Clocking the CPU or VGA Card.

Any help suggestions would be great.

Chris :D

I know that the Intel's stock HSF for the CPU's generally running at a higher RPM than the AMD's (this could be the extra noise that your hearing). I have 4 AMD CPU's with stock HSF's and they nowhere come close the the 1 Intel stock CPU HSF that I have, as far as noise level. I'm not 100% sure if the C2D's have the same issue, but I'm pretty sure on this one.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Did you seat the stock cooler right? You might want to reseat it and see, it could be as simple as that.

If the problem still continues, I would say get an aftermarket heatsink, something cheap like the Arctic Cooler 7 Freezer will work fine and is very nicely priced.

Also, what kind of case you have? Maybe you could add another fan.

chris1985

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I have a AC Freezer 7 Pro comeing 2mora so il see what happens. Just have a standerd case as looking at a new one soon. Very intrested in the Gigabyte Aura.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, cases should be nicely ventilated also. Worse comes to worse, a shotgun at 10 feet will ventilate anything nicely.

Gigabyte Aurora is a very nice case. Are you talking about the Aurora? I can't find any Gigabyte Aura... shrug