XP Home Document Imaging - How to Edit and Resave correcte..

Tags:
  • Scanners
  • Document
  • Office
  • Windows XP
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
November 4, 2004 2:44:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr,microsoft.public.office.misc (More info?)

sorry, don't know much about this but....

Does XP Home offer a way to correct and resave the OCR data in a scanned
TIFF file when using
MS Office XP Document Imaging.

When I open an OCR'd TIFF in Word and correct the errors I'd like to resave
the corrected data in the TIFF. Is there any way to do this?

thanks
rj.

More about : home document imaging edit resave correcte

Anonymous
November 4, 2004 2:44:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr,microsoft.public.office.misc (More info?)

TIFF is an "image" file. It has no concept of "corrections. You may edit
the image, or "print" the document to an image file or paper and scan it
back to an image.

RJ wrote:

> sorry, don't know much about this but....
>
> Does XP Home offer a way to correct and resave the OCR data in a scanned
> TIFF file when using
> MS Office XP Document Imaging.
>
> When I open an OCR'd TIFF in Word and correct the errors I'd like to resave
> the corrected data in the TIFF. Is there any way to do this?
>
> thanks
> rj.

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 9:25:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr,microsoft.public.office.misc (More info?)

all OCR programs I know, let you correct text BEFORE saving into any
file format. Microsoft included limited version of Imaging (licence
from Kodak). you can get/buy a full version 2.6 of Imaging able to do
OCR. To turn text into TIFF, use print function - to fax. Faxes use
bitmap tiffs (CCIR). Preferably let FineReader/Omnipage or whatever to
save in searchable pdf file, which retains full image and a text.

*
*Does XP Home offer a way to correct and resave the OCR data in a scanned
*TIFF file when using
*MS Office XP Document Imaging.
*
*When I open an OCR'd TIFF in Word and correct the errors I'd like to resave
*the corrected data in the TIFF. Is there any way to do this?
*
*thanks
*rj.
*
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 3:33:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr,microsoft.public.office.misc (More info?)

Yes, just install a "TIFF printer driver", such as the one from
www.infomatik.de. Then print your OCRed file from Word to a TIFF.

Of course, the new TIFF will not look exactly like the original TIFF.
But if the document's layout is not too complex, and your OCR program
is good, the TIFFs will look pretty similar.
!