XP Home Document Imaging - How to Edit and Resave correcte..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr,microsoft.public.office.misc (More info?)

sorry, don't know much about this but....

Does XP Home offer a way to correct and resave the OCR data in a scanned
TIFF file when using
MS Office XP Document Imaging.

When I open an OCR'd TIFF in Word and correct the errors I'd like to resave
the corrected data in the TIFF. Is there any way to do this?

thanks
rj.
3 answers Last reply
More about home document imaging edit resave correcte
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr,microsoft.public.office.misc (More info?)

    TIFF is an "image" file. It has no concept of "corrections. You may edit
    the image, or "print" the document to an image file or paper and scan it
    back to an image.

    RJ wrote:

    > sorry, don't know much about this but....
    >
    > Does XP Home offer a way to correct and resave the OCR data in a scanned
    > TIFF file when using
    > MS Office XP Document Imaging.
    >
    > When I open an OCR'd TIFF in Word and correct the errors I'd like to resave
    > the corrected data in the TIFF. Is there any way to do this?
    >
    > thanks
    > rj.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr,microsoft.public.office.misc (More info?)

    all OCR programs I know, let you correct text BEFORE saving into any
    file format. Microsoft included limited version of Imaging (licence
    from Kodak). you can get/buy a full version 2.6 of Imaging able to do
    OCR. To turn text into TIFF, use print function - to fax. Faxes use
    bitmap tiffs (CCIR). Preferably let FineReader/Omnipage or whatever to
    save in searchable pdf file, which retains full image and a text.

    *
    *Does XP Home offer a way to correct and resave the OCR data in a scanned
    *TIFF file when using
    *MS Office XP Document Imaging.
    *
    *When I open an OCR'd TIFF in Word and correct the errors I'd like to resave
    *the corrected data in the TIFF. Is there any way to do this?
    *
    *thanks
    *rj.
    *
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.ai.doc-analysis.ocr,microsoft.public.office.misc (More info?)

    Yes, just install a "TIFF printer driver", such as the one from
    www.infomatik.de. Then print your OCRed file from Word to a TIFF.

    Of course, the new TIFF will not look exactly like the original TIFF.
    But if the document's layout is not too complex, and your OCR program
    is good, the TIFFs will look pretty similar.

Scanners Document Office Windows XP Peripherals