POCKET PC Internet explorer Keypress event

February 8, 2005 1:36:57 PM

Here is some code I'm trying to run on PPC 2002 but it doesn't work. Anybody
know why?
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>
Key code detector
</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY onkeydown="jScript:p rocessLocalKeys();">

<SCRIPT Language="JScript">

<!--
function ProcessLocalKeys() {
window.alert("ASCII: " + event.keyCode);
return(false);
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>

Press a key and a message box will display the coresponding ASCII code.
</BODY>
</HTML>
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 9:55:25 PM

It's because there's no onKeyDown event for Pocket IE used on the
PPC2002. It uses the old HTML3.2 and event model and it's very
limited.

Cheers - Neil

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:36:57 -0500, "Emmanuel" <emmanuel@kitco.com>
wrote:

>Here is some code I'm trying to run on PPC 2002 but it doesn't work. Anybody
>know why?
><HTML>
><HEAD>
><TITLE>
>Key code detector
></TITLE>
></HEAD>
>
><BODY onkeydown="jScript:p rocessLocalKeys();">
>
><SCRIPT Language="JScript">
>
><!--
>function ProcessLocalKeys() {
> window.alert("ASCII: " + event.keyCode);
> return(false);
>}
>//-->
></SCRIPT>
>

>Press a key and a message box will display the coresponding ASCII code.
></BODY>
></HTML>

February 9, 2005 3:38:14 PM

Do you know if the event is supported on PPC 2003 PIE and if not do you know
a way to capture the keypress event?

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
> It's because there's no onKeyDown event for Pocket IE used on the
> PPC2002. It uses the old HTML3.2 and event model and it's very
> limited.
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:36:57 -0500, "Emmanuel" <emmanuel@kitco.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Here is some code I'm trying to run on PPC 2002 but it doesn't work.
Anybody
> >know why?
> ><HTML>
> ><HEAD>
> ><TITLE>
> >Key code detector
> ></TITLE>
> ></HEAD>
> >
> ><BODY onkeydown="jScript:p rocessLocalKeys();">
> >
> ><SCRIPT Language="JScript">
> >
> ><!--
> >function ProcessLocalKeys() {
> > window.alert("ASCII: " + event.keyCode);
> > return(false);
> >}
> >//-->
> ></SCRIPT>
> >

> >Press a key and a message box will display the coresponding ASCII code.
> ></BODY>
> ></HTML>

February 10, 2005 2:37:34 AM

I found the most convenient way was to simply poll a text input box
for changes (say, once a second) using window.setTimeOut, and submit
the changed (and validated) value in a hidden field when I was
satisfied the user had stopped entering data and wanted to submit the
form.

Cheers - Neil

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:38:14 -0500, "Emmanuel" <emmanuel@kitco.com>
wrote:

>Do you know if the event is supported on PPC 2003 PIE and if not do you know
>a way to capture the keypress event?
>
>"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> It's because there's no onKeyDown event for Pocket IE used on the
>> PPC2002. It uses the old HTML3.2 and event model and it's very
>> limited.
>>
>> Cheers - Neil
>>
>> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:36:57 -0500, "Emmanuel" <emmanuel@kitco.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Here is some code I'm trying to run on PPC 2002 but it doesn't work.
>Anybody
>> >know why?
>> ><HTML>
>> ><HEAD>
>> ><TITLE>
>> >Key code detector
>> ></TITLE>
>> ></HEAD>
>> >
>> ><BODY onkeydown="jScript:p rocessLocalKeys();">
>> >
>> ><SCRIPT Language="JScript">
>> >
>> ><!--
>> >function ProcessLocalKeys() {
>> > window.alert("ASCII: " + event.keyCode);
>> > return(false);
>> >}
>> >//-->
>> ></SCRIPT>
>> >

>> >Press a key and a message box will display the coresponding ASCII code.
>> ></BODY>
>> ></HTML>

February 10, 2005 12:09:25 PM

Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

!