Running two e-GeForce 7950 GX2 cards

wellnix

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
I have a funny feeling I will need some type of bridge connector to achieve this setup. I'm using the Asus PSN32-SLI Premium mobo.

Any thoughts or tips will be kindly appreciated.

wellnix in NC

Psimon

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2004
I'd be interested in this also. I've just bought the same mobo, but I'm starting out with only one Nvidia 7950 GX2 card. I plan to eventually go "quad sli" by sticking in another (if it ever becomes a viable solution, i.e., Nvidia finalizes some drivers & the performance boost is there)

I'm pretty sure it does require a special bridge connector, however:

The concept of Quad-SLI rendering isn't a new one, as nVidia has sold these products as an ultra-specialized premium product for several months now. However, the Quad-SLI implementations we've seen to date used custom nVidia cards which were never mass produced. With the release of the GeForce 7950 GX2 product, everyday gamers now have the opportunity to get their hands on cards which can work in parallel for quad-GPU rendering. Each GeForce 7950 GX2 board is equipped with an SLI connector on the bottom PCB, and two cards can be plugged into a motherboard using an nForce4 SLI X16 or nForce 590 SLI chipset (both offering dual PCI Express x16 lane configurations), connected via an SLI bridge card, and voila! Quad GPU rendering. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we've officially gone overboard

You can find the article here: GamePC Nvidia 7950 Article

. . or just google for the board and "Quad".

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
The SLI bridge connector should have came with your motherboard. Also i am assuming you mean P5N32-SLI Premium board. All you have to do is use the SLI bridge that should have came with your board and you are set