Login as temp in my own pC

When I login to my network It show that I'm logon with a temp profile, I see
all my old files under my correct Document setting, how can I get back to my
profile
5 answers Last reply
More about login temp

    On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:33:04 -0800, Boriss wrote:

    > When I login to my network It show that I'm logon with a temp profile, I see
    > all my old files under my correct Document setting, how can I get back to my
    > profile

    "Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted" error
    message when you try to log on to Windows XP

    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    WHat if you don't get any error message and you are still being logged in as
    temp?????

    "Sharon F" wrote:
    > "Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted" error
    > message when you try to log on to Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318011

    What if you don't get an error message and you are still using the TEMP
    profile?

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:21:02 -0800, Michael at Thin Air wrote:

    > WHat if you don't get any error message and you are still being logged in as
    > temp?????

    Check in Event Viewer to see if there are error messages regarding the
    account. Something may be recorded there that is not showing up as a formal
    error message.

    The temporary user account referred to in the article is not meant for
    everyday use. It is a temporary stopgap until the usual account is repair
    or a new one is created for that user. If you're being logged on to an
    "air" account, I would suggest trying the same steps in that article.

    When logged on, type
    %userprofile%
    into the Start> Run box. Windows Explorer will open displaying the folders
    of the user that is currently logged on.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    That would suggest everything is fine?

    HTH
    ---
    "Michael at Thin Air" <MichaelatThinAir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:CC1B76AA-8FF4-4DC4-A225-2991C1CB935F@microsoft.com...
    > What if you don't get an error message and you are still using the TEMP
    > profile?
    >
    > "Sharon F" wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:33:04 -0800, Boriss wrote:
    >>
    >> > When I login to my network It show that I'm logon with a temp profile,
    >> > I see
    >> > all my old files under my correct Document setting, how can I get back
    >> > to my
    >> > profile
    >>
    >> "Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted" error
    >> message when you try to log on to Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318011
    >>
    >> --
    >> Sharon F
    >> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User