Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia's G80 has problems!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 23, 2006 4:59:56 PM

Quote:
G80 cards to editors' day attendees but no real drivers. Why on earth would Nvidia need to do that?
What is broken? Well, it seems G80 has a lot broken, some that will be fixed before launch, and some may be harder to fix.

Drivers on the 25th October will fix SLI, as we understand it is pretty badly borked in the current release. How badly? Enough to crash almost every time, said one source, and so basically unusable.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35271

So what u think now .. guys???

More about : nvidia g80 problems

October 23, 2006 5:13:47 PM

So NVIDIA are pushing out drivers that are unstable, with a control panel that is unusable...

And people still complain about ATI drivers... grrr!!
October 23, 2006 5:35:10 PM

Quote:
G80 cards to editors' day attendees but no real drivers. Why on earth would Nvidia need to do that?
What is broken? Well, it seems G80 has a lot broken, some that will be fixed before launch, and some may be harder to fix.

Drivers on the 25th October will fix SLI, as we understand it is pretty badly borked in the current release. How badly? Enough to crash almost every time, said one source, and so basically unusable.

The inquirer = bs
Related resources
October 23, 2006 5:46:47 PM

Every company has problem with drivers... that is why they update them... (and to support new hardware)
October 23, 2006 5:56:55 PM

Thats the Inq...
October 23, 2006 6:01:13 PM

Quote:

The inquirer = bs

Well said!
October 23, 2006 6:18:37 PM

Quote:
So NVIDIA are pushing out drivers that are unstable, with a control panel that is unusable...

And people still complain about ATI drivers... grrr!!

Sorry to burst your fan-boy bubble, but Nvidia isn't pushing out drivers that are unstable. G80 hasn't been released yet man, give it time to be finished.

That's like arguing the quality of a car before it is finished against the quality of another totally finished and running automobile. Doesn't make sense.
October 23, 2006 6:29:39 PM

Quote:

Wow! Imagine that--a prototype with problems! I'll bet NVIDIA even releases beta software with bugs in it too! That NVIDIA, they can't make anything right... :roll: :roll: :roll:
October 23, 2006 6:39:27 PM

Ya, I remember a story how they claimed madonna had a sex change ya as if.
October 23, 2006 7:01:38 PM

Stop Press: Unfinished hardware and software not yet fully working.
October 23, 2006 7:16:00 PM

It seems The Inquirer has problems. Always had problems, lies, and stupid fanboism. It must be true then :roll:
October 23, 2006 7:23:23 PM

They'd be saying the exact same thing about R600 if AMD had bought/merged nV instead of ATi.

The Inquirer's brand of journalism is total utter bull.
October 23, 2006 7:40:57 PM

Wow, that's good to know, because I almost bought a 8800GT today. Now I'm really glad I didn't. :roll:
October 23, 2006 7:47:00 PM

the inquirer = bs, sure it does, but its bloody funny sometimes
October 23, 2006 8:00:34 PM

Quote:
Wow, that's good to know, because I almost bought a 8800GT today. Now I'm really glad I didn't. :roll:

LOL. I wish I had'nt.

Even IF this was true, cant really hold that aginst Nvidia, since the actual hardware isnt in anybody's PCIeX16 slot yet.
October 23, 2006 8:00:52 PM

I didnt really intend to reply to this thread (pointless), but I realized tool has almost my exact system :)  The only difference is that I have an EVGA 7600GT OC :) 

I wonder, whats the highest fsb stable FSB you've ever gotten the d805 to work on it? Mine is currently at 3.4Ghz (170FSB) so I can keep my case fans on low, but the max I'ver ever had it stable (with Vcore at 1.5+) was 3.7Ghz (185FSB I think). Using a Golden Orb 2 for cooling, temps <68 when both cores loaded at 100%, so can't be the heat...
October 23, 2006 8:18:26 PM

This wreaks strongly of BS.
October 23, 2006 9:14:39 PM

Quote:
Low life bloggers they are, barely earning enough money to survive.
Even the rim of my arsehole produce better stuff than them.

...and will no doubt be being cited as one of the Inq's 'loads of sources' in a forthcoming article.
October 23, 2006 9:38:43 PM

Quote:
They'd be saying the exact same thing about R600 if AMD had bought/merged nV instead of ATi.

The Inquirer's brand of journalism is total utter bull.

Well said. I love reading a post like that and thinking to myself "omg this is BS!" then scrolling down and seeing a bunch of people already said exactly what I was thinking!
October 23, 2006 10:15:03 PM

Quote:

...and will no doubt be being cited as one of the Inq's 'loads of sources' in a forthcoming article.

I doubt that. Even Wusys shit is way above the magic "I"s standard. Nah, to work for them you need to prove that you´re a descendent of a long lineage of seers, that you know which birds flight is the right one to predict the future of intel and wich fish is to gut to see the destiny of amd...
October 23, 2006 10:26:05 PM

Quote:
ATI for TeH wInz!!!!!!!!
Let's just hope AMD doesn't do anything too drastic with your beloved ATI. :wink:
October 23, 2006 10:26:27 PM

So works in Inquirer that is/are regular here? Anyways Inquirer have been publishing crappy stories or totally bullshit just to get more attention. I guess that thier strategy to keep thier sites running.
October 23, 2006 10:49:13 PM

I think it would be fun but it would just make it worst on the other hand. Flame wars among websites would be just as bad and fanboi war.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
a c 171 Î Nvidia
October 24, 2006 12:36:45 AM

Yeah good job everyone knows about the Inq BS, some people might have wasted money on crap after reading this particular article :- http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34518

but as we all know the Inq is BS so this story can't be true either :lol: 
October 24, 2006 12:56:56 AM

Quote:
ATI for TeH wInz!!!!!!!!
Let's just hope AMD doesn't do anything too drastic with your beloved ATI. :wink:

I was being sarcastic.OMG WHAT IS THIS SARCASM YOU SPEAK OF? I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT, PERHAPS YOU COULD CLARIFY YOUR STATEMENT.
October 24, 2006 1:11:31 AM

Well, I was ust wondering......normally sites like this are able to do a benchmark on prototypes a month or more before release.
Maybe there could be something really wrong with the G80 that would explain the long wait for benchmarks. It's scheduled for release next month....well....we'll know soon enough ;) 
October 24, 2006 1:30:48 AM

Quote:
I didnt really intend to reply to this thread (pointless), but I realized tool has almost my exact system :)  The only difference is that I have an EVGA 7600GT OC :) 

I wonder, whats the highest fsb stable FSB you've ever gotten the d805 to work on it? Mine is currently at 3.4Ghz (170FSB) so I can keep my case fans on low, but the max I'ver ever had it stable (with Vcore at 1.5+) was 3.7Ghz (185FSB I think). Using a Golden Orb 2 for cooling, temps <68 when both cores loaded at 100%, so can't be the heat...

Dude, I live in Red Wing, Minnesota and have the same system as you.... sweet.

Highest stable I have gotten is 200FSB. I can hit 4.2ghz in a cool room but it crashes after 20-30 minutes of Prime usually, but is rock solid at 200x20. I keep it lower for daily use, the improvements in gaming from 3.7ish to 4.0 weren't much, GPU is the limiting factor. If I am compiling a ton of code or something I bump it to 4.0.

I have an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro for now, putting a liquid kit together next week sometime.
!