Sign in with
Your question

Fullsize screen

Last response: in Mac Os X
December 27, 2012 8:03:05 PM

Hello, when I log into AOL or any other provider the screen is now only about half the size of the monitor. I am working with a Mac and it used to fill the screen completely but now is difficult to read.

More about : fullsize screen

December 27, 2012 8:30:45 PM

Apple products "just work" as they say, and "never have any problems" according to Mac fans. lol Sorry, I had to get that in here. :) 

I wish I could help you but I would not know where to start as I don't find it intuitive to use any mac o/s that i've tried to use.

Try right-clicking (heard newer mac o/s versions have the right-click) and adjust the desktop resolution.

m
l
a b C Monitor
December 28, 2012 5:56:22 AM

This is a Mac, not a Pc, so right-clicking on the desktop isn't going to help. (If, as you admit, you know nothing about Macs then there is little point in answering, is there; especially if that answer is just an excuse to have a dig at Mac owners.) Resolution is adjusted using System Preferences (see http://www.macworld.com/article/1158603/macresolution.h... ) and it is worth checking to see what resolution you are running.

I'm not entirely clear whether you are saying that everything is half-sized or just certain programs. And is it the same when you boot the computer? It would be helpful to know what model Mac you have and which version of OS X you are running.

It's possibly a hardware fault. Is the Mac still under warranty, or do you have AppleCare? If so it might be worth popping in to an Apple Store and asking them to have a look at it (assuming there is an Apple Store nearby).
m
l
Related resources
December 28, 2012 8:03:36 AM

Click on the Apple logo in the upper-left corner of your display.

Click "System Preferences," then click "Displays."

Click "Display" if it is not already selected.

Select a resolution from the list of available resolutions. The most common screen resolution is 1280 by 1024 for standard screens and 1280 by 800 for wide screens as of February 2012. Mac OS X immediately applies the new setting.

m
l
December 29, 2012 12:53:44 AM

andrewp said:
Hello, when I log into AOL or any other provider the screen is now only about half the size of the monitor. I am working with a Mac and it used to fill the screen completely but now is difficult to read.
What OS are using now with your Mac? It depends on this.
m
l
!