Need help with Asus P5W DH Deluxe (no its not the temp!!)...

paztelu

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Well here is my problem, yesterady I build my new computer with E6600, ASUS P5W DH, X1900XT, X-FI, 3 HD and 1 DVD-ROM drive.

Ive read everywhere the problem about the Mobo temp readings on this board being extremely high because of the placement of the temp sensor (between SB, and RAID chip), actually I dont care if the mobo reads 100000C, (mine is actually 55c Idle, and 57c+ under load) but the problem is that the system proctection that supposely protects components from being fried because of a very high temperature, resets my board when it gets to more than 59c...while my core duo 2 sits at a safely 38c when load.

Is there a way to change or disable this temperature thereshold (or whatever is named), So I can happily play games on my PC without reseting every 2 mins.???

PS: Everything is @ stock!

About my PSU is 500w Aspire, I have 3 exaust fans (with the one in the PSU, and 2 intake fans. Im planning on buying more today to see if I can correct the problem.

_TOMO_

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
that is a high temp for the mobo, have you tried just placing a fan near it to make sure it is the mobo thats making you reset

my mobo temp is never above 40C