Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$199 X1950 pro's appearing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2006 10:08:40 PM

ZZF - Sapphire for $199. Better than the jack-up prices other sites have listed.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product...
October 23, 2006 10:10:43 PM

Yea, out of stock though.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2006 11:02:49 PM

R570 is new with the X1950 pro. X1800's were R520.
October 23, 2006 11:04:02 PM

In any case, ATI intends the X1950 Pro to be a replacement for the X1900GT. It performs similarly (if not just slightly better) than the GT. But the change is that superior cooler, that X1950XTXish HSF. Also AnandTech has published stellar Crossfire performance for this card in their recent review, in every game benched except Quake 4:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2858
There is no CF dongle, just an SLI-like bridge on top of the two cards. In some cases it outperforms the >$400 X1900/50XTX when CF'ed. (Only $400 for a CF setup with two of these)

Pricing it at $289 would be nonsense, the X1900XT 256MB has already filled that niche, with superior performance.
October 23, 2006 11:26:56 PM



They should roll back to $200 after a few days (maybe a week or two) and demand has died down a little, just like the Conroes. If you're going to spend $300 on a video card, get something better.

I wonder if ATI will roll out a X1950XT to replace the X1900XT and its noisy as hell stock cooler. That would be really nice, especially if it sat at $300 with 512MB. 8)
October 23, 2006 11:38:02 PM

Very fine indeed, nice performance...decent price. I think we have a winner.
October 23, 2006 11:46:54 PM

Quote:
Yep, but still nice to see $199 not $289.

Have you seen this GeCube? http://www.gecube.com/products-detail.php?prod_cat_pid=...

Advertising a 20+% core/mem OC:
"Overclockable : Performance increased at least 15%. Memory/core increased at least 20%."


OMG, its TEC cooled....I want it...Ninja needs to know about this!
October 24, 2006 2:44:33 AM

Quote:
so its a toned down 580,probably missing the actual 48 and soley designed for 36.


Exactly, 36 pixel shaders and 12 TMUs native.
Nothing to unlock, but cheaper to manufacture and easier on the power.
a b U Graphics card
October 24, 2006 3:09:36 AM

Quote:
I wonder if ATI will roll out a X1950XT to replace the X1900XT and its noisy as hell stock cooler. That would be really nice, especially if it sat at $300 with 512MB.

ATI is releasing a 256MB X1950XT; specs are pretty stinkin' nice to be honest. If this this is $300 or less, it will be a hot seller. http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/products/graphics_specif...
October 24, 2006 5:28:57 AM

Quote:
R570 is new with the X1950 pro. X1800's were R520.

Don't EVER forget to adding in that stinkin 'V' in RV570!!! :twisted:
V=Value=X1750XT

but it performs (little) better than a X1900GT, which in essence should perform about the same as an X1800XT since it performed slightly better than the GT...so its seems like ATi did a 360 with this one and are back to where they started in performance, just a cooler running card...
October 24, 2006 5:33:15 AM

Quote:
I wonder if ATI will roll out a X1950XT to replace the X1900XT and its noisy as hell stock cooler. That would be really nice, especially if it sat at $300 with 512MB.

ATI is releasing a 256MB X1950XT; specs are pretty stinkin' nice to be honest. If this this is $300 or less, it will be a hot seller. http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/products/graphics_specif...
Thanks for the link, looks like the same stupid cooler though.
October 24, 2006 1:49:33 PM

Quote:

It's a weird game to play now as you can't clock a $200 X1950Pro nor $264 X1900XT to within 10% of what X1950XT is capable of.


Oh I don't know wusy, I'd wager that people have gotten he X1900 XT to within 10% of a stock X1950 XTX pretty easily... maybe not in memory clocks, but with core clocks so high that it easily makes up for it.

And I'd bet raw performance is well within the 10% range, too. I don't think those days are over, we're just seeing an optimized product mix because the radeon X1x00 series is mature, no need to use high end parts to fill in low-end gaps in the market segments.
October 24, 2006 3:35:35 PM

Quote:

Conclusion: people got ripped off with 9600Pro/XT :lol: 



Thx. I bought a 9600xt when they were hot....
So your vote of confidence really makes me feel much better.....ass :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
October 24, 2006 4:33:41 PM

Am I missing something here? Both those links have the X1950Pro for over $300 after shipping? Not a bargain at all.

Zipzoomfly might be out of the $199 X1950Pro at the moment but they do have the Diamond version for $229. At $199, it would be the new price/perf leader from my analysis, here.

Btw, I saw your link on my Price/Perf analysis for the HIS X1900XT saying it was $215. Well, maybe I'm late getting to the link, because it's not on Newegg any longer for that price. It's $276 after MIR. If it was $215, that would of been one hell of a deal.
October 24, 2006 9:22:08 PM

Quote:
that leaves me hope in unlocking my x1900gt 580le core.it must be hardware unlockable as the bios mod has not been a success.


GT's DONT UN LOCK :roll:
October 24, 2006 9:39:31 PM

Quote:
Am I missing something here? Both those links have the X1950Pro for over $300 after shipping? Not a bargain at all.

Zipzoomfly might be out of the $199 X1950Pro at the moment but they do have the Diamond version for $229. At $199, it would be the new price/perf leader from my analysis, here.

Btw, I saw your link on my Price/Perf analysis for the HIS X1900XT saying it was $215. Well, maybe I'm late getting to the link, because it's not on Newegg any longer for that price. It's $276 after MIR. If it was $215, that would of been one hell of a deal.


check the sarcasm...
October 24, 2006 9:58:27 PM

nice...


way better than the...(with price drop)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814195029" target="_blank">http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814195029][http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161043/url]

way better than the...(with price drop)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814195029
how much till the price reaches $200?" target="_blank">

how much till the price reaches $200?
" target="_blank">

how much till the price reaches $200?
October 24, 2006 10:39:36 PM

Okay, now you have me confused? What's your point?
October 24, 2006 10:46:05 PM

Quote:

It's a weird game to play now as you can't clock a $200 X1950Pro nor $264 X1900XT to within 10% of what X1950XT is capable of.


Oh I don't know wusy, I'd wager that people have gotten he X1900 XT to within 10% of a stock X1950 XTX pretty easily... maybe not in memory clocks, but with core clocks so high that it easily makes up for it.

And I'd bet raw performance is well within the 10% range, too. I don't think those days are over, we're just seeing an optimized product mix because the radeon X1x00 series is mature, no need to use high end parts to fill in low-end gaps in the market segments.

I flashed the bios in my powercolor x1900xt 512 to the xtx bios, ran the board at stock xtx specs, and moved it up and topped it out within 5 ticks of the top of the CCC OC option.

Now that is a bargain, a $345 card doing $450 work. Rock solid till it sold today.
a b U Graphics card
October 24, 2006 11:26:16 PM

Zipzoomfly now lists 6 - X1950 pro's, 5 of them( Asus, Gigabyte, Sapphire, Connect3d, Diamond) are $199. All 5 of those are out of(not yet in) stock. The BBA version is in stock at $279 still.


Newegg has the Sapphire in stock for $199 + shipping:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

Now when will they be $180? :p 
October 25, 2006 12:05:57 AM

570 is not related to any current card. its an 80nm new card.
October 25, 2006 12:40:51 AM

well since all ati cards are IDENTICAL...
October 25, 2006 1:05:07 AM

Quote:
well since all ati cards are IDENTICAL...


Not all identical, but pretty much within a percentage point of each other. The specs for the Sapphire are up on Newegg now.

The full lineup is here. You can see Sapphire barely overclocks their 1950 Pro. Probably not enough to make much difference.
October 25, 2006 1:19:08 AM

looks good...but it'll have to upgrade psu if i get it...
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2006 1:41:17 AM

Quote:
btw what is 'RAMDAC'


ram for random acsess memory
dac for digital to audio converter
October 25, 2006 1:48:59 AM

Don't do it!!! You'll just be lining the dirty pockets of AMD!!! I used to love ATI but I just can't recommend it anymore. Go Nvidia instead.
October 25, 2006 1:57:44 AM

Sweet deal. I'll be updating my price/perf analysis tomorrow.

Hey Billystringer, without AMD you wouldn't have Core 2 Duo. Intel would probably still be selling 8088's today without AMD for competition.
October 25, 2006 2:06:33 AM

Quote:
Sweet deal. I'll be updating my price/perf analysis tomorrow.

Hey Billystringer, without AMD you wouldn't have Core 2 Duo. Intel would probably still be selling 8088's today without AMD for competition.


I guess that is a good point, I want a core 2 duo, but I just hate the fact that they took away our Intel Crossfire boards :( 
October 25, 2006 2:22:09 AM

Quote:
Okay, now you have me confused? What's your point?


The guys who were saying oh what a great deal oh awesome card were responding to the fact that the X1950 PRO is 300 and is a terrible deal when a x1900xt can be had for less than that but performs considerably better, they were all being sarcastic and definetly not serious,

now if the card heads to its $200 price point it would be a decent buy
October 25, 2006 6:38:13 PM

Newegg update. Right now the Asus is going for 165. It's in stock also. It seems sort of reasonable. Not sure if this is a typo or not. It's definitely a 1950 pro. This is the version with zero CF connectors, though, if you care about that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...
October 25, 2006 7:21:05 PM

Wow, those are pretty significant drops just today.
October 25, 2006 7:24:54 PM

HOLY CRAP! 8O 8O 8O

Man, I wish my dad wouldn't make me wait until december till I upgrade my GeForce6100 :oops:  :oops: 

But, then again, I guess the prices will be even lower then.
October 25, 2006 8:47:06 PM

Quote:
Newegg update. Right now the Asus is going for 165. It's in stock also. It seems sort of reasonable. Not sure if this is a typo or not. It's definitely a 1950 pro. This is the version with zero CF connectors, though, if you care about that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...


holy fukin shit this is nice!!!! bless you!
October 26, 2006 6:48:14 AM

Quote:
nice :roll: what do you do for an encore ,gargle peanut butter.you must have missed my thread on unlocking,the appropriate links to this marvelous revelation of yours is there.

I've been a part of that TechPowerup thread since it's inception you moron(different screenname) and I'm telling you, the GT's dont unlock.

Is your card unlocked?....no.....is mine?....catch a clue idiot.
October 26, 2006 7:53:54 AM

Quote:
i have a great idea d ick nose,why dont you supply the link on the reason its not hardware unlockable rather than be an argumentative idiot.


The cards dont unlock, it's as simple as that. There is no need to link to anything.
October 26, 2006 7:55:20 AM

Quote:
He's having one of those sand in pussy day which we all got used to down here. :) 

It's night time where I'm at :wink:
October 26, 2006 2:35:08 PM

Quote:
nice whats next,marrying a cousin or something?


So you've finished with the farm animals and are now demoted to cousins, eh Vern?
October 26, 2006 7:39:31 PM

Quote:
nice whats next,marrying a cousin or something?


So you've finished with the farm animals and are now demoted to cousins, eh Vern?
Do I need to hide my dog from him? 8O
October 26, 2006 8:19:33 PM

The previews for the 1950pro suggested Saphire had a 512MB version in the works. I'd love to see a comparison between the two if that happens.
October 26, 2006 10:34:53 PM

Quote:
nice whats next,marrying a cousin or something?


So you've finished with the farm animals and are now demoted to cousins, eh Vern?
Do I need to hide my dog from him? 8O

You let the dogs out!!!???!!!
!