Run time errors

Can anyone tell me what is happening when I get a window that pops up and
says "Run time error occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 135 (or 57 or ??)
error: "CT" is undefined" I have been getting this recently on windows XP
home edition. Thank you...

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

A run time error means that a compiled or scripted or html etc file has
errors, or something is missing during the execution.
In this case the line number refers to a line that uses/contains a variable
labelled CT. The variable was not set up, or a value was never placed in it.

You really were very sparse on the surrounding details, so any answer is not
going to be as useful as it might have been.

"jessenme" <jessenme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me what is happening when I get a window that pops up and
> says "Run time error occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 135 (or 57 or
> ??)
> error: "CT" is undefined" I have been getting this recently on windows XP
> home edition. Thank you...

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

Thank you Chuck. This always happens when i'm on the internet and when It
asks if I would like to debug, I answer yes and it starts doing something but
a few seconds later it looks like it is not doing anything. What other info
can I give you and what is the solution if any. Again, thank you.

"Chuck" wrote:

> A run time error means that a compiled or scripted or html etc file has
> errors, or something is missing during the execution.
> In this case the line number refers to a line that uses/contains a variable
> labelled CT. The variable was not set up, or a value was never placed in it.
>
> You really were very sparse on the surrounding details, so any answer is not
> going to be as useful as it might have been.
>
> "jessenme" <jessenme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone tell me what is happening when I get a window that pops up and
> > says "Run time error occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 135 (or 57 or
> > ??)
> > error: "CT" is undefined" I have been getting this recently on windows XP
> > home edition. Thank you...
>

> ---
> Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

Go to Tools | Internet Options | Advanced.
Check the box to Disable script debugging.
Uncheck the box to Display a notification about every script error.

1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28001169
or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

(WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
Installing Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm