How has the Forum Upgrade Affected Your Surfing Habits?

How has the forum upgrade affected your surfing habits?

• I visit less.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No change; I still come about the same as before.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I visit more.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
the poll doesnt work, if i Vote i cant see the results : (, also FYI i visit less, but the site is better like this, but i dont have the time

The poll did work for me and 4 others, but it did register one "blank vote", whatever that means.

I visit less now. I used to visit several times a day. I was wondering if other people had the same reaction. The poll results thus far aren't really enough to draw a conclusion on.

I've noticed some of the regulars in the CPU section have been MIA.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
I visit less too.

I just come back to visit the website opinion forum, as I find the comments entertaining... I also take a look in case (hope is allowed!) the administration realizes the mistake they made

Unfortunatly all I keep thinking of is "sell out". Although they did make some improvements, the trade offs are to great.

KISS - Keep it Simple Simon!

Don't mess with something that works!

narayan

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2007
I used to visit this site several times a day because it was so user friendly. Every thing was there infront of me - news and reviews. Now i just cant be arsed with it all. Most of my mates who have been visiting this site for years now have also given up and i dont blame them. Lets hope the site admin realises the daily site hits goes down and puts every thing back to how it used to be or make a more user friendly site

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005

Maybe blank means they voted without choosing anything? heh.

I have to agree. I visit much less now. I used to visit multiple times a day but now its maybe once a day and that's only to follow up on a few threads on people who are trying to find the right RAM or whatever.

I'm noticing alot of regulars are MIA. ALOT, almost 80-90% of them are gone. I can't really blame them, I'm thinking about moving on too. There's no real interesting discussions anymore, just lame arguments about upcoming tech with no fact basis. The only reason I'm still around is to help people here and there, but the new forum format is making it real painful for me to do so. I just feel its less robust and more intrusive on the whole forum experience than the old format was.

Prior to the change, this thread would have been full of people putting in their two cents. I've noticed less people in the forums, less threads being made, less everything and more advertising. Its just plain disappointing.

my 2 cents... i'm probably going to be shopping around to see what other sites can use my hits.

oh yeah and KISS means Keep It Simple Stupid! :p

lol, I replaced it with "Simon" so I would not be as insulting; my wife's a school teacher, you know, no put downs!

I keep coming back here, but less. But I'm not coming back to participate (or troll). It's more like when you break up with a girl, even if you dump her, but you still drive by her house to see if she's dating anyone else. You know, you're not interested, you wouldn't go back, but you just want to know.

Hell, I'd even be happen to see BaronMatrix back.

I'm trying out that ***.com place, but it's growing very slowly on me. I heard JumpingJack and others are there.

D'oh.

censorship.jpg

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006

what site? just put spaces between each letter.

Myself I go on a n and t e ch . com now.