2gb Corsair DDR2-800 CL4
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
X1900XT 256mb GDDR3
WD RAPTOR 74 GB 10,000RPM
2 WD Caviar SE 80gb in raid 0
Creative X-FI extreme music
Standard DVD-ROM unit.
ASPIRE 500W see through PSU

I Had no problems installing anything, windows programs, etc. Sound, Video..etc etc. Is great. But here is the problem:

The board reboots itself randomly!!!

, for security I ran two CPU-BURN programas at the same time. And well for 1 hour or more the system at 100% load did not reboot. Later I quit both of the programs and started hearing some music, and it rebooted again.

I dont know if its heat related...PC probe II reads at 100% load:

CPU 43C/109.4F
Mobo 56C/132.8F

About the mobo temp, Ive read everywhere its a known issue and I should not worry, other interesting is, that after the system reboots, windows informs me about it with the typical "The system has recovered from a critical error".

So any suggestions? should I start RMA'ing parts??? or its a software related issue. Im updating all drivers as soon as possible. So if you could please give me any suggestions so I can start solving this problem.

EDIT: Forgot to say that Im doubting about sound card issue, this X-FI's had reported lots of problems. Has anyone had any similar issue? and Can a sound card driver problem, would be able to reboot the system?

THANX :wink:

jazzpicker

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
I have the same rig/same problem.
Already RMA'd mobo, cpu, ram is in transit now. I've changed drivers, reinstalled windows,and replaced every part of the computer (I have a good stock of parts) Nothing has worked but it seems the reboot is less frequent once a day now. My tenps are fine and I am at a dead end if problem continues when the memory comes back this week.
I googled the problem and it seems to be a common problem with the conroe.
If I can't resolve the problem , I'll be in frequent contact with intel. I really think it's a processor error.

Tycho_Celchu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Any Driver can cause the system to reboot. When it says it has recovered from a serious error, it creates a Minidump file, Can you post those minidumps on either here or some FTP server, if you can't find any I have one I can give you access to. They are located for winXP, in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder. with a .DMP or .MDMP extension, I can rip those open and if you have a few of them maybe get a pattern as to which process might be whacking the system.

paztelu

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Thanx for you help, although I managed to solve the problem

After buying more fans, reinstalling drivers, using windows on safe mode, updating sound card drivers...etc still no luck.

First I added more fans because I thought it was heat problem.

I updated sound card driver...no luck

And the last thing I did was:

I updated the to the last graphic card Driver available for my card.

I found out the memory was certified for 2.1v so I manually choose that voltage.

Since then Ive Had no trouble with the PC.

I probbably think is the memory since in the corsair pag it said the memory was tested at 4-4-4-12 timings @ 2.1v

If you still have that problem try that. Thanx again