Searches not Working.

kenr77

Distinguished
May 22, 2007
Searches that I have done with the old forum S/W do not return all the results that they should now with this new S/W. Searching for Author does not return all the results it should. Searches within topic subjest and Message contents do not return all results it should. Somtimes it will only return one single result. Please go back to the old Forum S/W, it worked...!!! .....What happenned to having a signature file. Can't find it within the profile settings.

Thanks,
kenr77

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003

Your profile consists of several pages. It opens on "General Info". The signature is on "Forum related info".

Mondoman

Splendid

I am also finding this to be a problem. For example, a search that should return thousands of posts (or the display limit) returns only 5. Does the search mechanism perhaps limit search time or CPU time or use some similar mechanism to stop searching before it is finished searching all posts?

Mondoman

Splendid
I just tried another search, and that seemed to work fine -- maybe it's all in my mind. If I spot something funny, I'll make note of the search parameters and post them for you.
I am impressed by the speed of the searches, even when searching the *contents* of the messages!

ninjahedge

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I just tried looking for something in "all subforums" and it gave me nothing. (Search term "stars").

I also tried looking for any post by me, nothing.

I initiated the search from the magnifying glass icon/tab at the top of the forum.

Does it ONLY search the forum/subforum you are in when you hit the icon (And say all subforums) or does it go back to the main page and start there?

Docteur Korma

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007

ninjahedge

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I got it now.

The search has a where and a subfoum box. I skipped the where box and put in "yes" for the subforums (thinking that that would be the entire site).

My bad. Thanks for the input.

I do, however, voice the same recommendation that another thread has in trying to get all the search items on the same pagerather than seperated by subforum.

Being able to tag things to order them would also be nice (last post, post started, title, post starter, etc)....

nick111

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
This site constantly hangs when loading. You have to hit refresh to get it going. Its been happening for so long now, it happens at work and at home using differrent computers. When are they going to fix this crap?
Edit: This new forum sucks too! Time to move on....