What Should I Upgrade To ?

Ok I was wondering what would be better than what i have to upgrade to? What's faster ? I use my system for everything work, school , gameing , decodeing video , pictures you name it .

My system specs are as follows :

LIAN LI PC-65B Black
AMD FX-60 939
ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan
ASUS A8N32-SLI
4 GIG'S CORSAIR XMS 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 433 (PC 3500 LL PRO
2 IN SLI - ASUS EN7900GTX/2DHTV/512M GeForce 7900GTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
Viewsonic22" Wide DVI LCD 5ms 700:1 280 cd/m21680 x 1050 WSXGA+
OptiSync Digital/Analog InputsIntegrated Stereo Speakers
X-FI Extreme Music
Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker
2 WD Rapotors 150 Raid 0
2 ASUS DVD/RW 18X
SeaSonic S12-600 ATX12V 600W Power Supply
21 answers Last reply
More about what upgrade
  1. nothing to upgrade to unless you feel the extra money will justify the 5 seconds in speed increase :wink:
  2. Quote:
    Ok I was wondering what would be better than what i have to upgrade to? What's faster ? I use my system for everything work, school , gameing , decodeing video , pictures you name it .

    My system specs are as follows :

    LIAN LI PC-65B Black
    AMD FX-60 939
    ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan
    ASUS A8N32-SLI
    4 GIG'S CORSAIR XMS 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 433 (PC 3500 LL PRO
    2 IN SLI - ASUS EN7900GTX/2DHTV/512M GeForce 7900GTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
    Viewsonic22" Wide DVI LCD 5ms 700:1 280 cd/m21680 x 1050 WSXGA+
    OptiSync Digital/Analog InputsIntegrated Stereo Speakers
    X-FI Extreme Music
    Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker
    2 WD Rapotors 150 Raid 0
    2 ASUS DVD/RW 18X
    SeaSonic S12-600 ATX12V 600W Power Supply
    That's a very nice system, and if you haven't already, some overclocking may liven things up a little. Otherwise, it looks like a powerful machine for all uses. You could,of course, upgrade to a C2D and overclock, but the cost isn't justified IMHO, unless you're the type of user who has to have the best/fastest. :wink:
  3. Well I do like to stay on top of the game when it comes to computers but i am not an overclocker anymore use to be in the good old days jusy wanted to get some feedback on what maybe faster by at least 30 50 % maybe i will have to just wait till quad core comes out and a revision or two goes by i'm in a gap i think not much i can think of to upgrade too i could sell what i have but what would be better a e6700 ??? i will not buy x6800 i did that with the fx-60
  4. LMFAO.Are you serious???Leave it the way it is for another year.Maybe then you might find something worth upgrading to.Otherwise leave well enough alone.Goodluck.

    Dahak

    AMD X2-4400+@2.4 S-939
    EVGA NF4 SLI MB
    2X7800GT IN SLI
    2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
    WD300GIG HD
    EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
    ACE 520WATT PSU
    COOLERMASTER MINI R120
  5. You have everything that any one need and want in a PC why upgrade?
  6. Wow....you do need an upgrade. After all, the best C2D is a bit better than what you've got, and how can you sleep at night knowing someone has a better system than yours.
    You should really consider an X6800 based system along with 4GB of DDR2 800 and while you're at it, might as well swap out the 7900GTXs for a pair of 7950GX2s. Really, who can game without quad SLI?
    GL with the new build. :)
  7. I guess you can upgrade to 2x 7950GX2s in SLI for better gaming performance. I wouldn't recommend this path though as DX10 cards are just around the corner... you'll be kicking yourself once these are released and you are stuck with last gen DX9 cards.

    On the CPU side, C2D is obviously the fastest CPU atm, but that would require a total platform overhaul as well as new DDR2 RAM. If you decide to go this route, the E6600 hits the 'sweet spot' if you are not an overclocker, but if cost is of no concern then the E6700 and X6800 provide slightly higher performance at a significant cost premium. Quad core Kentsfield will also be out November 2, so if that strikes you fancy might be worth it to wait another two weeks before building. It'll be $1000+ at launch though, be warned!

    TBH your current rig is awesome as is, but going by the looks of things, you don't seem to have too much trouble in the money department, so I don't blame you for wanting to upgrade to the latest and greatest. ;)
  8. Well first of all it's pointless to upgrade to quad sli since i do not have a 30 in or better display to push quad sli and never plan on doing so 22 is big enough
    i had 24 but was way too big x6800 way to much money like i said will never go for flagship anymore not worth it IMOP as far as not being able to sleep at night i sleep fine knowing there is better i'm not in competition with anyone i was just thinking if i sold some part via motherboard , cpu , ram i might be able to get something newer and faster for 2007
  9. Then just keep your current rig, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it - OK, it's not the latest and greatest anymore, but that doesn't mean you need to upgrade.

    To get at least 30% faster than your current system you will need to splash the big bucks on a X6800 or 2x 7950GX2s in SLI.

    If you have more sense than money, I suggest you stick with your current system for now.

    A good time to upgrade would probably be in 9 - 12 months time. AMD's next gen K8L will be out and we will know how it compares to Intel's 45nm Yorkfield/Wolfdale chips. 2nd gen DX10 cards should also be out and these should've ironed out any bugs/issues from the first gen DX10 cards.
  10. The best system I can think of right now would be a fully upgraded Mac Pro

    Four cores at 3.0ghz
    16GB of Ram
    4Terrabytes of HD space
    The gfx are sub par, quad SLI 7300 GT is the best

    Fully upgraded one will run you $14,947.00
  11. Quote:
    Ok I was wondering what would be better than what i have to upgrade to? What's faster ? I use my system for everything work, school , gameing , decodeing video , pictures you name it .

    My system specs are as follows :

    LIAN LI PC-65B Black
    AMD FX-60 939
    ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan
    ASUS A8N32-SLI
    4 GIG'S CORSAIR XMS 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 433 (PC 3500 LL PRO
    2 IN SLI - ASUS EN7900GTX/2DHTV/512M GeForce 7900GTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
    Viewsonic22" Wide DVI LCD 5ms 700:1 280 cd/m21680 x 1050 WSXGA+
    OptiSync Digital/Analog InputsIntegrated Stereo Speakers
    X-FI Extreme Music
    Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker
    2 WD Rapotors 150 Raid 0
    2 ASUS DVD/RW 18X
    SeaSonic S12-600 ATX12V 600W Power Supply


    You're looking to upgrade? Sounds like someone is spoiled or doesn't know how to be frugal...
  12. Quote:
    Well I do like to stay on top of the game when it comes to computers but i am not an overclocker anymore use to be in the good old days jusy wanted to get some feedback on what maybe faster by at least 30 50 % maybe i will have to just wait till quad core comes out and a revision or two goes by i'm in a gap i think not much i can think of to upgrade too i could sell what i have but what would be better a e6700 ??? i will not buy x6800 i did that with the fx-60


    Within ANY sort of reason at all....there's nothing on the market that will get you 50% increases...

    Unless you justifiably have no soul and could care less about children dying and the homeless. =P
  13. Quote:
    Wow....you do need an upgrade. After all, the best C2D is a bit better than what you've got, and how can you sleep at night knowing someone has a better system than yours.
    You should really consider an X6800 based system along with 4GB of DDR2 800 and while you're at it, might as well swap out the 7900GTXs for a pair of 7950GX2s. Really, who can game without quad SLI?
    GL with the new build. :)


    :-) Just deserved a smile.

    Does anyone think maybe he was just trying to brag? Maybe look at faster hard drives or better sound systems...toss in a Creative Labs top end soundcard or buy yourself a laptop for kicks. While you're at it, why not sponser a giveaway for your old POS comp you've got there and pre-choose me as a winner? I think I covered all the smart-ass retorts. If anyone can think of any other good rhetoric feel free to add, otherwise this is an open and shut topic. :-P
  14. Why the triple post? :x
  15. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you were too fat and lazy to scroll and move your eyes back and forth. Quit whining.
  16. Quote:
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you were too fat and lazy to scroll and move your eyes back and forth. Quit whining.


    Wow, I wasn't aware you we're a jackass either. It's called forum etiquette.
  17. How much do you want for your current PC?
  18. Quote:
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you were too fat and lazy to scroll and move your eyes back and forth. Quit whining.
    1.BITE
  19. Quote:
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you were too fat and lazy to scroll and move your eyes back and forth. Quit whining.
    2.MY
  20. Quote:
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you were too fat and lazy to scroll and move your eyes back and forth. Quit whining.
    3.ASS

    How do you like it?
  21. Das is wery gud [/German]
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs