Need Help Overclocking, Please!!!!

tgfahd

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
Hey everyone, I'm a noob to this so sorry if this sounds really stupid. I have an e6600 on an asus p5b duluxe wifi mobo. i followed the sticky to overlcocking a core 2 duo and it worked great at 3.0 ghz. i finally went and bought two fans for my heatsink which is the thermalright ultra 120 so i thought i'd try to go higher. I tried to increase the increments to much i think and the system locked up. Anyway now i can only run the system at stock settings. If i change one one little thing in the bios the computer will not boot up, it turns on but just a black screen. to get it to work again i have to move that jumper on the mobo and then it boots again with stock settings. Why wont my mobo overclock at all anymore?? any suggestions please.

tgfahd

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
i dont think its a temp problem. i figured out that i can overclock through asus's software. that program called ai suite. it has an option to manually overclock. all i did was set the cpu frequency, dram frequency and dram voltage. i guess all the other stuff is automatic cause it doesn't give me an option the change them but when i look at the voltages i see that it actually does adjust the vcore. cpuz shows that my computer is at 3.5ghz. Does this software actually work?? and also why can i do this through the software but not through the bios.