Will my processer work with this mobo?

Xazax310

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I looking towards getting a E6600 Core2duo Cpu sometime around 2007 but for now i can afford a new mobo and DDR2 ram. I want this mobo
P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP, but im want to know if My P4 630 can run on it? I know my 630 can support DDR2 so thats not a problem but i dont have the money to buy a CD2 right now so im wishing to transfer my 630 from my current mobo to this one also if i get DDR2 800mhz will that screw with my processer?
Thanks for any help.

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I looking towards getting a E6600 Core2duo Cpu sometime around 2007 but for now i can afford a new mobo and DDR2 ram. I want this mobo
P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP, but im want to know if My P4 630 can run on it? I know my 630 can support DDR2 so thats not a problem but i dont have the money to buy a CD2 right now so im wishing to transfer my 630 from my current mobo to this one also if i get DDR2 800mhz will that screw with my processer?
Thanks for any help.

the easiest way to find out if your cpu is working or not with a mobo is to search this on the manufacturer site ....
intel 630 and intel core duo 6300 has the same socket (interface) lga775 ..
if the mobo will run core duo it will run 630 as well....

your mobo P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP..will run perfectly 630 as well as 6300..

good luck

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Hold your horses there. A new motherboard isnt going to give you any noticiable performance boosts. And by the time youll get the money for a C2D much better mobos will be out there for price.
Buy your mobo at the same time of your processor.

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Hold your horses there. A new motherboard isnt going to give you any noticiable performance boosts. And by the time youll get the money for a C2D much better mobos will be out there for price.
Buy your mobo at the same time of your processor.

What he said, except...what are your current system specs?
I don't get why all these kids insist on buying new stuff when they have good systems already. If your system runs the apps you want to use well...don't upgrade. I just read a forum where this kid is running an FX-60 with dual 7900GTX's in SLI and he wants to upgrade. Unbelievable. When in doubt, wait and research. When you know what you want...buy and then wait again without kicking yourself for not waiting a bit longer. Live with what you've got, not just within your means. Just because you can afford to buy a Ferrari doesn't mean you should. Oh, and rwaritsdario, you use OCZ ram? I think that most ram that comes with heatsinks is a waste unless you're running OC'd chips or top of the line. Good ram without heatsinks is usually a better buy, OC and add your own heatsinks. =P That said...I have 3500LL Pro. :-\

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Good ram without heatsinks is usually a better buy
Nowadays only value RAM comes without heatsinks. And weve got to face how un-OCable they are. Like Corsair value RAM thats just binned at the cheapest the can while using the cheapest chips, thats why they have such irregular batches and RMAs on this line.
If you can get me the right chips for cheap, I wont care theyre bare and with an arabic label on them ill take em :D

TRENDING THREADS