Strange Downloading Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

endlessmug

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
About a year ago I was trying to download a large file on Safari. It kept crapping out and I tried over and over to get the file. Eventually I used another browser (probably Firefox) and it worked.

Ever since then I noticed a strange problem. When I click on download links they don't automatically start. I have to right-click, save-as for 90% of my downloads. This happens in all browsers, even after re-installing them.

I am running Mac OSX 10.6.3 Snow Leopard. This issue happened before I got snow leopard and I had hoped the patch would fix the issue but it didn't.

I'm tired of not being able to download items easily. Most of the time it will go to a blank page with the url of the download above and be in an endless "loading" position never downloading the file.

I wasn't running any plugins. But it's not just Safari. I'm running Google Chrome now as my main browser. It happens there too.

For example, I go to "http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_mac.html" and click download. Nothing happens. It just says: thank you for downloading Google Notifier for the Mac!

Typically I have to put URLs as a draft in a Gmail and right click save as. That's how I got Chrome.

Also I've already tried repairing disk permissions. Didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.