G80 Rendered Image, Apparently - Inq

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Couldn't find this already posted, so here it is.

The Inquirer this morning has an apparent G80 publicity image.

It has a launch date, a really bad slogan, and an image (which may or may not have been rendered on a G80). Well at least it's hosted on the nV website, so I guess it's to be believed?

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Shag it, I must have been in the wrong section when I clicked the topic button, sorry.

The reason I posted this is because I was wondering about that image in the top left hand corner. Is it really a screengrab from a G80 or is it a prerendered thing to make the new chip look good? This is all the evidence the Inq has seen on this matter and they seem to think it's a 'real' image.

I really hate the slogan, too.

duthoy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
That image really sucks big time, and "reality redefined" how stupid is that,
time to fire some guys at the advertising department. :?

edit: this is absolutely no real time image, must be maya or max.

G

could be a high def picture... why bother rendering it 8)

Then again could be a real time image, im sure G80 can reach this quality while rendering only one eye and not a whole scene :lol:

sailer

Splendid
The way I see it is:

First problem; this is from the Inquirer.
Second problem; Nvidia's screen shot from what game or whatever?
Third problem; this looks way too much like a photoshop rendering.
Forth problem; "Reality Redfined"? Whose reality? What reality?

Urbanmech

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
The way I see it is:

First problem; this is from the Inquirer.
Second problem; Nvidia's screen shot from what game or whatever?
Third problem; this looks way too much like a photoshop rendering.
Forth problem; "Reality Redfined"? Whose reality? What reality?

1. The Inquire isn't that bad, I bet alot of you read it, just won't admit it. The screenshot is linked from Nvidia's site.

2. No game, its a tech demo, we don't have any DX10 games yet.

3. Maybe the card actually performs like they say it will. It really can do the most realistic rendering of a person we've seen to date.

4. See answer to 3.

Yes... It is that bad. No, we don’t read it unless its outlandishly hilarious, like the killer space cloud coming to destroy us all in 2014.

We also, only read it when forced upon us time and time again when people post this stuff... in the wrong place no less. We could make home in the "other" section, but that wouldn’t protect us from the Inquirer’s wrath of innocent knowledge.

sailer

Splendid
you mean..... i shouldn't use the inquirer as my bible, OMFG, if you can't trust the inquirer what can you trust.

What, you don't read tea leaves? After all, the way the tea swirls in the cup can portend great things for the future, or great doom. Just ask Socrates.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
We also, only read it when forced upon us time and time again when people post this stuff... in the wrong place no less. We could make home in the "other" section, but that wouldn’t protect us from the Inquirer’s wrath of innocent knowledge.

STFU.

I didn't post this going "look, the oracle of the Inquirer is spurting another truth, lets all bow down and worship at it's alter" I was actually wondering a) people's thoughts on whether or not it's a prerendered image or not (as I'm not qualified to tell) and b) what people thought of the new slogan.

Now I'd rather you didn't lump me in with BM, 9in and cru.

Anyway, as far as not reading the Inq because it's crap - well yes, it is crap. In fact I'm sure a lot of us read it and get a kick out of thinking how crap it really is. Crap. Anyway, they often report on stuff that *better* sites like THG ignore, which can sometimes be interesting to discuss (such as the new slogan and the pre/rendered debate). So it does have a use. Even if it is usually 150% bull and written like it's a 5 year old using MS Creative Writer (in 1995, running Windows 95).

Urbanmech

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
Wow, you guys are touchy. Its a website, The Inquirer isn't going to hurt you. I know there are better sites then some, but making post after post bashing The Inquirer kinda makes you look like a prick.

No, asking someone to believe you when you piss on their leg and tell them it's raining, makes you look like a prick.
I take things from the Inq with a couple of bags of salt.
Since I don't have the time I'm not going to list the hundreds of times and the numerous was that the Inq is wrong, unethical, or just plain shoddy.
Now sod off.

To Mesa, no offense ment to you.

If your going to tell me to STFU, please do so in a boring manner.
By making your reply funny and enjoyable to read, you are telling me to keep insulting the inquirer.

And I dont argue with furious seriousness, dont be offended.

can we leave mesa alone. he ain't the usual linker to the inquirer type.

you are treating him like he is a troll or something. he has posted quite a bit and for the most part from what i recall he is a non fanboy, level headed guy.

leave him alone i say as you have gotten the wrong impression of him. don't know why i felt inclined to stick up for him, maybe it was becasue i shouldn't have to.

Bah! I was saying I didnt really care... I wasnt getting all worked up, and I hardly judge ones posting ability on a link to the Enquirer.

Sorry if you take offence.

BTW... There is no truth but what exsists on these forums... which means anything linked to these forums are true, which means the Enquirer is 100% reliable just as gosple.

And btw I wont pick on the Enquirer if you dont pick on my spelling, even though there is a spell checker not 7 inchs away from my mouse.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
BTW... There is no truth but what exsists on these forums... which means anything linked to these forums are true, which means the Enquirer is 100% reliable just as gosple.

That's crap - what we (were) discussing here is opinion, not fact.

And it may not surprise you to know that I care for your opinon as much as I care for cupcakes.

(I'd like to think of myself as fairly neutral, except in the case of Macs and Maxtor hard discs, which I seem to enjoy the use of more than most on this forum :wink: )

oh come on I was completly joking! Oh well ::woosh::

Anyway, actualy never had any issues with Maxtor. And for that reason, I stick with them. In my Opinion, hard drives have advanced to the point where failures in the equipment are caused by a manufacturing oops. Any drive is equaly suseptable to failure. I hope for my sake you really really care for cupcakes.

:)