WPA under XP ?

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I can't seem to get my XP to understand WPA.
More specifically, I've installed the 815485 update which supposedly adds
WPA capability, but the wireles setup panel still only allows me to select
"None" or "WEP": no sign of WPA.
I then tried to add the 826942 rollup package but it doesn't make
any difference: no "WPA" in sight when trying to configure my
wireless interface.

This is on a Thinkpad X30. What am I missing?

Stefan

PS: My router's config seems not to be the problem (and it works with no
hassle with my Mac OS X).

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I believe you are looking across "Data Encryption" dropdown, look under the
"Network Authentication" dropdown.

HTH

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I can't seem to get my XP to understand WPA.
> More specifically, I've installed the 815485 update which supposedly adds
> WPA capability, but the wireles setup panel still only allows me to select
> "None" or "WEP": no sign of WPA.
> I then tried to add the 826942 rollup package but it doesn't make
> any difference: no "WPA" in sight when trying to configure my
> wireless interface.
>
> This is on a Thinkpad X30. What am I missing?
>

> Stefan
>

> PS: My router's config seems not to be the problem (and it works with no
> hassle with my Mac OS X).
Do you have the connection set to allow Windows to manage the
connection, or is it set to allow the device to manage the connection.
Mine doesn't have WPA available except when Windows is managing the
connection.

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: (More info?)

Stefan,

Does your wireless adapter support WPA? You may need to download a driver
update for your wireless NIC to allow it to use WPA.

Aaron